News

SA Helmet

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Brian Harper, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    It looks like the stars didn't align (meaning mostly I didn't get my act together in time) and I'm not going to participate in VC Hillclimb this year, but I was headed in that direction and realized my SA helmet has now aged out and I need to replace it. Does anyone know of a shop in the San Jose area that sells auto helmets that I can try on before I buy?

I know of Wine Country at Sears Point but that's a bit of a drive just for a helmet, it seems like there has to be a place in the South Bay?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Not perfect, but I bought from an online source that delivered a few, and allowed me to keep the best one for me.

BTW: That aging out of a minimal use helmet is a real bummer. I've faced that many times now :(

4. Brian A

Brian A Formula 3

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    If you have a helmet brand and style you like that fits, just buy a new fresher one on-line.

5. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    That's exactly why I want to try one on first. My current helmet wasn't a great fit and I'd like to do better this time.
    As I've missed my immediate helmet need, I'll probably try some on next time I'm up at Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma Raceway.

6. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Buy from amazon so you’ll get their return policy. Try on a couple and return the ones that don’t fit.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See if Simpson has a dealer close, the main warehouse is in Texas.

My latest bike helmet is ARAI which is a nice fit they offer various "head shapes" as well as sizes.
    I crashed tested it and it passed!!

Normally a Simpson guy and they have a very nice CF shell for less than $1K
    Image Unavailable, Please Login