SAAB…. born from jets! | FerrariChat

SAAB…. born from jets!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by kiesan, Aug 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I stumbled onto this 2001 Viggen earlier this year. The car had been off the road since 2011. It was a lot of fun waking it up.

There is an interesting story in regards to why the miles are so low. If you have the patience to sift through the comments on BaT its there.

If I’m breaking forum rules I am sorry. Maybe some folks will find this interesting.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-saab-9-3-viggen-20/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_bid_placed_seller

2. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks, that was an interesting story to read :cool:

kiesan likes this.
  3. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Being a Saab and El Cammi nut, I was fascinated by the story, thanks for read. Loved all my Saabs and umm, at 5’1, I usually position my seat similarly with the cushion and back rest pretty close to the steering wheel (unless ‘a behind the wheel’ photo is being taken- it looks like I drive with dinosaur arms otherwise).

Anyway, quite the find and congrats on the diplomacy taken on obviously a very close matter. Thought for certain the reason ‘Vera’ didn’t drive it was going to be due to torque steer, but I can’t fault her true anxiety, having a bag blow is something that sticks.. Difficult to enjoy your car when the dash reminds you Jack is ready to pop the box.

I detest Saab’s non-existence, their departure left a crater for the fringe ;).

kiesan likes this.