San Diego need dash redone 612 | FerrariChat

San Diego need dash redone 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by icelander47, May 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Located in San Diego, where have people gone to get their 612 dashes redone? I have a quote from a guy in Escondido that is ~4000 or so

2. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Icelander47 that sounds in the ball park. I had mine done at RMT in Yorba Linda (they did the removal and installation and sub contracted out the leather work). I dont know how complicated yours is (and you may want to use this as an opportunity to personalize your car—I did). I went from a tan dash with red stitching to black with red stitching (the stitching doesnt show well in the attached picture but it pops in real life). I also changed the steering wheel to match as well. I was told that they used “Ferrari leather” as there are different grades. So be sure to make sure whoever you are using is doing a good job. Apples to Apples! Good luck

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Modena_2003 likes this.
  3. Mckie5150

Mckie5150 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2014
    Humble TX
    Wow - I really like that steering wheel.

RonH likes this.
  4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    #4 RonH, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Thanks. I really am enjoying the look. It makes for a unique look for my 612 and ties in the black and red stitched dash with the rest of the car which was all tan and red stitched.

It’s funny but something so subtle as a dash and steering wheel job can actually be the most important change from an owner’s perspective because that is what you look at while you are driving it.

I have to give my mechanic credit for the idea though!;)

5. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I was looking at a 612 and in the PPI the number that came back was 4k-5k ..As for Ferrari leather .... That's what brought you to the $4000 dance you are at now.

When I was at the factory 2 years ago I asked about the sticky buttons and pulling leather, headliners, etc. They said they don't recall hearing about many problems but their parts suppliers are all top notch ....

In watching the leather interiors being made including the dash covers being put together it seems that all of the tension is used on the initial stretch. Even a small amount of padding to allow for / absorb the natural shrinkage could keep the dashes intact as I was told by a trim shop.

6. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Bobileff Motor Car Company in San Diego is another place to contact. Gary Bobileff has been restoring Ferraris, Lambos, and similar cars for a couple of decades. I have not had any personal experience with that shop. Try to check with local owners to get opinions.

Phone: 858-622-1600
    https://www.bobileff.com/

7. Modena_2003

Modena_2003 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2008
    Saudi.Arabia / London
    Full Name:
    Moe Al-Bayat
    Amazing job!

RonH likes this.