Saving defaults on Lusso/812? | FerrariChat

Saving defaults on Lusso/812?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Moopz, Jan 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I've spent a few days setting up my new-to-me Lusso and I had a couple of questions regarding preferences and defaults.

Is it possible to save the default for the TFT screens? I find the left TFT remembers to stay on "sport" but always defaults back to the digital speedo. I like to keep it on the coolant/oil temp (pic). Is there any way to lock that in? I find I have to scroll to the left every time I start up.

In my 430 it remembers whether the car was turned off in manual mode. Is "easy auto exit" the alternative in the newer cars? We just have to pull a paddle to switch back to manual mode?

This forum has been an invaluable resource for ownership questions, so I'd like to thank you all in advance.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    The "Sport" comes from the Manettino position. Not sure about getting the left hand TFT to stay on the temps screen. As for the transmission mode, if turned off in auto, it will come back on in auto. If turned off in manual, it will come back on in "easy auto exit", which is a temporary auto mode to help you get going (e.g., exiting a parking lot or driveway). As you have discovered, pulling a paddle will take you out of that mode and put you back in fully manual mode.

Moopz likes this.
  3. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks for the response. The manual calls it the "sport" screen 1 and 2 (temps, then pressure/voltage), that's what I was referring to. Is the default in your car the digital speedometer as well? Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    Ah, I thought you were referring to the "SPORT" in the upper left corner.

As for the default, I haven't paid that close attention - I typically end each drive with the digital speedometer selected. Then, starting the next drive, I switch to the temps display until the car is warmed up, whereupon I switch back to speedometer for the rest of the drive. That said, I haven't even finished breaking mine in yet, so that may evolve over time.

Moopz likes this.
  5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I can’t say I’ve really paid attention. I do know the left side display will act up and not show the speed in big numbers. Only rarely. Otherwise I don’t really pay attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk