Saw an ENZO in SW Michigan today... does it "live" there? | FerrariChat

Saw an ENZO in SW Michigan today... does it "live" there?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by JeremyG, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Younger driver, maybe mid-30's... driving from Cassopolis St. in Elkhart, Indiana, up to US12 in Michigan, to M-60 east to the lakes area (Cory lake, etc)

Just wanted to know if that car lives around here and if so if I could be HONORED enough to possibly do some backroads cruising with him?

I own a highly modified Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo (owner actually rubber-necked to check out MY car when we passed each other) that could "sort-of" keep up with him. (by sort-of I mean I'm modified to about 425 all-wheel horsepower--about 550 at the crank but of course can't turn like an Enzo):) I would LOVE to meet up and check out that beautiful car.

Can anyone help me?

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    If it was red, it might be the one owned by Tom Celani. My brother saw him at Cauley as he was picking up his car - but I don't think his description matched yours. The only other one delivered in Michigan was a yellow one to Sergei Federov. But as far as I know that one was still in Cauley's showroom since Federov moved to the California team. But I wouldn't know how to get in touch with either of them.

3. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Hmmm... maybe it was a Chicago guy then... or someone that moved to the Kalamazoo area?

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Could be. Boy wouldn't that be a fun road trip in an Enzo? :)

5. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    UPDATE: A friend of mine saw the Enzo AGAIN TODAY!

It was driving on SR23 between South Bend and Mishawaka, Indiana.

He said it had "orangish" out-of-state plates. Have no idea what state that would be... but he's been here at least a week so far.

The description of the driver was even younger than mine... mid 20's male.

6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Man - it must be nice. Sure wish I got to drive one that often :)
    I have no idea what state that license plate could be either.....

7. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Ok, well ANOTHER friend saw it at the same time and told me he was pretty sure they were NEW MEXICO plates. :)

this help in the search for the owner??

8. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Hmmmmm. Don't know who in New Mexico bought one......

9. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Another question is why a person with an Enzo regestered in New Mexico would be driving it around the back roads of SW Michigan in rainy 50 degre weather.

10. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    heh, very true. Although it wasn't rainy at all on the days he was spotted.

The road he turned onto up in MI (M60) is VERY bumpy in that area... even in my Durango it rattles my teeth!

To be honest the first thing that came to mind was "fake"... but it was NOT fake, unless they found a way to make a fake as wide as a lane of traffic (ie. the Fiero fakes are much narrower, etc.).

The guy obviously loves driving his car!

I'm kinda wondering if he's someone like a pro Football player that used to play for Notre Dame? Maybe he was back to watch a home game? He didn't look big, though...

He pretty much has to be someone reasonably famous. :)

either that or it's stolen and he's just enjoying it while he can! :)