Saw Enzo on Road | FerrariChat

Saw Enzo on Road

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ColaGuy, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ColaGuy

ColaGuy Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Full Name:
    Joel White
    Last night ~7:30 just off the Richmond Br. on the Richmond side, saw something low that was looking cool coming up behind me in my rearview mirror. (What I really noticed was how 'unadjusted' the headlights were on this very low 'got to be something cool' low to the ground car)

Came up along side me, and I'll be dam...a red Enzo! Looked sweet on the road!

Anyhow, if it's your car, or you know who's it is, your headlights are way outta whack. Great dealer prep work.

Joel

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, man...! i sincerely think i would have a heart attack if i saw an NNO on the road..

3. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A digital camera could be helpful. You should keep one in your car.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Unadjusted how? A good set of lights don't throw light directly in front of them, i.e. into your review mirrors, but ones that create a "blind spot" when your looking directly behind you but no less effective for the driver.

Its one of the many latest rages with directional headlights based on steering wheel input coming out in a couple years, or sooner.

When you keep watch for cops, you develop a fixation on what cars make what light pattern ;)

Sunny

5. ColaGuy

ColaGuy Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Full Name:
    Joel White
    Interesting, could be just that. It looked like the front left was 'normal' and the right front was pointing way high, appeared to be much brighter. Neither was blinding my mirror, I was in a much higher vehicle (SUV).

I'll have to be more alert on my headlight watching.

I have thought of getting a small carry everywhere digi cam for just such occasions. Currently I use a 10D, far to big to lug everywhere.

Joel

6. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've noticed the same thing w/the Enzo too. I've seen one on the road at nite and it puzzled me a bit.

7. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    I actually saw two in one day here in MI. One was Sogay Federov, the other belongs to a guy who also has a yellow 550 Barchetta.

8. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    saw 2 in the same day! the odds? One was red, one was black, the black on Rt. 20 in weston, MA, the other on a nondescript road in wellesley.

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hope Fedorov doesn't wreck THAT car too, like he did his 456 in Grosse Pointe.

10. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    It wasn't in Grosse Pointe. It was in Bloomfield on Woodward. I drive by the tree he hit all the time.

11. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    His name is Tom. I've never seen his Enzo on the road, but I saw him driving his Barchetta once. He doesn't own it anymore. In fact, it's currently for sale at Cauley. I love the chrome wheels on it. I usually dislike any rims other than stock on Ferraris, but I must say, his chromes on that yellow Barchetta look great.

12. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Sogay??? I'll tell you something; he let me drive his Enzo, and he is one of our very best customers, and he is one of the nicest people you can ever meet. On what basis does he deserve your childish name calling?

13. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    GEEEZ! Sergei! I didn't realize he is a personal friend of yours!

Uh...do you read the newspaper or watch the news? He completly disrespected the Red Wings organization and his teammates by leaving the way he did. If he doesn't want to be here I say good riddance!!!

This conversation is over...I'm not going to argue with you over the character of a professional athlete.

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Being in Atlanta I get not enough hockey coverage. My dad's been a Red Wings season ticket holder snce '88 and he did not tell me about anything, what happened?

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Um, yes, I read the newspaper and watch the news. All I can say is that I have been getting first hand information about everything that has gone on, and all I can say is don't believe everything that is portrayed by the media. Sergei never wanted to leave Detroit, and don't be surprised if he is back here after next season. He still has his house and parents here, as well as his Enzo.

It's just a little frustrating to see, hear, and read people's reactions based on what has been said by the media. He's a good hearted guy, and doesn't deserve what he is getting by the public. He has spent his entire career in Detroit, and has played at an All-Star level for all of it. I just wish people would appreciate everything he's done for this team throughout the years, rather than black ball him based on what the media has said.

Having said that, how would you react if you heard he was coming back to Detroit?

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I still do not know WTF happened but yes, I would love to see him back in HOCKEYTOWN !!

17. RedEnzo

RedEnzo Rookie

Feb 16, 2004
    MidWest
    Full Name:
    CM
    Interesting

18. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    The headlights are designed to do that. The driver side light will throw light out the normal distance but is very directional. It also cuts the beam off about three feet off the ground. In effect it will illuminate the same distance down the road as normal but looks like it is weaker than the passenger side. This is because the passenger side is designed to illuminate the shoulder of the road about 30% further down the road so you can see anything that might be on the side of the road. Something like a deer that might bolt into your path or cyclists, runner, etc. It makes the passenger side seem totally out of whack when really it is doing as it supposed to do. The beam is higher and wider than the driver side.