Schumacher washed out? | FerrariChat

Schumacher washed out?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Phenom, Mar 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    I doubt it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mcBPMUCHMM&feature=related[/ame]

2. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    He will always be one of my favorites. However, it is nice to see other people win once in a while.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I never liked the guy!

When I saw the way he deliberately crashed into Damon Hill to win his first WDC, and how he tried to repeat the same feat against Villeneuve later on, I had very little respect for him.

The way he 'parked' is car at La Rascasse in Monaco to stop qualifying was another example of his controversial methods.

His attempt to send Barichello in the wall last year was consistant of his dirty tactics.

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    As dispicable as they are, they are one of the tools of war. Even the great Ayrton Senna is guilty of this (very!).

Schu is put under the microscope more than any other driver, but he remains the zenmaster and every driver on the grid is terrified of him should he be competitive again. Given how quick he is in W02 I can't see how Schu won't be fighting for podiums and hopefully wins. I mean really folks, his quickest time at testing was faster than his qualifying time (made P6 and beat Nico) at the Spanish GP in W01 and W02 does not have as much downforce, is heavier, and has slower Pirelli tires. W02 is a fast machine. He will bring some heat.

5. mrbucket2

mrbucket2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2006
    Bergen County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So you don't respect Senna either?

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Probably. Senna once famously said, 'Nice men don't win'. E.g. Rubens

7. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    You sure do have your own little blacklist of F1 drivers you don´t like LOL.

8. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    +1

Like my old man said, "If you have to cheat to win, you're not a winner you're a cheater."

I got that at age 5. Most adults today don't.

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The short answer to that is NO !

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Exactly my way of thinking...

12. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
  13. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    What was the thinking behind hating Hamilton now again?

14. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    Trashing Schumacher is one thing, but Senna? Really? Such statements are blasphemy against F1.

15. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    lol

Senna himself said that the day he stopped taking the compromise to win was the day he was no longer a racing driver. That's what winning racing drivers are. All business once the helmet is on

16. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    As much as people on this board make him out to be a prick he sure doesn't seem it does he. I think he matured a lot even just the year before he came to Ferrari.

I love how Alonso said something that went straight inline with something I said on another thread just yesterday, people forget how big of a deal it is to win a WDC, much less 2... or 7. Alonso stated Schumacher was above everyone else on the grid, MS has such a massive stack of numbers to his name that it is hard to argue against that. Only if you have an extreme bias against him can you think that

Crazy that Alonso never thought F1 would be possible for him

17. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    blah blah blah

The man took seven (yes, that is 7) world titles and they have nothing to do with a few controversial incidents.

And let's not forget Hill took Schumacher out in 1995. Twice!

18. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Hill is an idiot and useless in a F1 car once other cars are around him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mWw78WrJpc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jymjk1DgIuY[/ame]

19. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

You're right, Alonso seems much more humbled this go around while maintaining his heir of having superior weaponry at his disposal only without sound like a little bully with a giant nerf gun. Perhaps his publicist got into him about it but I think everyone is seeing this season different as there as so many champs on the field thirsty to win. It's more of a cut throat nasty affair at the end of the day. He knows good and well who is dangerous though. Vettel, Ham, Webber, and especially Schu are all nasty competitors with the right weapon.

20. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Great way to put it, I think this is why people get so heated when it comes to Alonso. A few years ago he was young and loudmouthed, he has changed that but still has a level of confidence not displayed by other drivers. The fact that people are so willing to go after him shows how he already has a lead. It's a mental game, Lewis for sure doesn't have that aspect yet, and that's why he has 1 WDC to Alonso's 2, why do you think Lewis right now wouldn't be happy with 2? I'm sure that keeps him awake at night.

21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I think Hamilton will def. bag another couple titles but he's not going to reach MS level...

22. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Time will certainly tell, but MS is definitely safe for at least another half decade! The stamina of that guy is incredible

23. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    It's going to be a long time before someone tops MS, decades perhaps. He was (still is) one of the best drivers ever in his prime at the right manufacturer at the right time. Everything just fell into place perfectly for that period and Schumacher and Ferrari reaped the benefits. Had Senna been in his place at that time the results would have been the same.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I will agree that Damon Hill wasn't very comfortable fighting wheel-to-wheel with other competitors. He was easily intimidated.

His strength was somewhere else, like testing and developing his car.
    He was like his father, not extraordinary gifted, but certainly someone who was focussed on his job.

That still doesn't make him an idiot in my book.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't remember 'hating' anyone, and certainly not Hamilton.

He is a very entertaining driver who keep his motivation even when his car proves to be inferior. Then, he is at his best, combative to the end .

The complete opposite of Button who need everything to be to his liking to stay motivated.