Scottsdale Sports and Classic Motorcars.. | FerrariChat

Scottsdale Sports and Classic Motorcars..

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Fastviper, Nov 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    Might want to take a hard look at anything you want to buy from this guy.

I asked him if I could have a PPI done, at my expense, on the 2006 Bentley he has for sale.

This is his response.

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    this guy is obviously a MASSIVE jerk.
    i am always amazed that car salesmen can be so unbelievably rude and flippant about requests like this. after all, it is a constantly declining market for the average used car.

for him to behave like this is detrimental to their business overall.

i wonder if his boss knows that he treats customers like this !

3. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Hmmm. I've bought a few cars from John in the past and never had an experience like this.

Sounds to me like he was just having a bad day and the OP's inquiry struck a nerve - not that that is an excuse for treating a potential customer in such a way, but that would be my guess based on past experiences.

Too bad for the dealer that at this point, I'm sure the OP isn't interested in a second chance ;)

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    this thread was also in the silver section, and in there the OP added the dealer's second response, which was not any less rude than the first....which would indicate that miraglia was not just having a bad day - he is also none too savvy about how to treat customer inquiries.
    sorry to double post, but this incident just struck a nerve with me.

5. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow. That is surprising. They have been in business for a long time....He may have a future as a Bentley marketing guy though. :)

6. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    +1.

7. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Well again, all I can say is "hmmm". I can only go off my personal experiences and speculate from there, but I guess I was wrong. I can't see any reason why a selling dealer would have an issue with having an inspection performed on an 8k mile car.

This is all moot... As I said, after the initial correspondence, I'm sure the OP was already turned off dealing with the seller.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    There is a huge possibility of something being hidden from the buyer.

And, yes, the OP won't be dealing with the seller. I'm not in the position to buy, but if a dealer treated me like crap, why would I ever go back? There has to be some respect whether he was having a bad day or not.

9. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    Yes I was, Lot of Bentleys out there..

10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I know John and he only seems to have top drawer cars, and is a great guy. He may have reacted in a way that doesn't seem to "Win friends and influence people". However, we are only hearing one side of the story.

I have sold a number cars, and especially in the current environment the world is full of low ballers and punters that spend a huge amount of your time jumping through hoop after hoop, and in the end only turns out to be a tire kicker. It can be infuriating, but as a professional it is always better to let things slide off one's back. I generally don't lose my cool. I enjoy playing with them.

I am not saying that's what happened, but sometimes everyone gets testy.

11. NewVictim

NewVictim Rookie

Apr 3, 2012
    Canada
    Full Name:
    R
    Hi
    I am another victim (buyer) of this dealer (John Miraglia). He is nothing but a liar,.... He is not only a jerk, but to me he is an unprofessional business man, sneaky and a cheater. He should be prosecuted in court for selling problem cars that are not even close to his advertises.
    Yes I bought a car from him and same as others he did not let me inspect it or do a PPE. In fact he act the way that I did not get a chance to even see the car other than some pictures through EBay. Yes I did buy my car from EBay and story short, I did stupidest thing in my life and did trust somebody that is not TRUSTFUL and a non professional dealer and air.
    I have a list of problems and missing items for whoever wants to know more, but it is out of scope of this complain, but by all means I can provide them to whoever want to know.
    I asked about Car Exterior condition, tires condition, any problems, all original car belongings, he always said CAR IS IN NEW CONDITION,TIRES ARE 100% NEW, NO Problems with the car,..... All of these were LIE.LIE.LIE.
    I have one piece of advice for whomever thinking to buy from John Miraglia. Just RUN, RUN, and RUN, as fast as you can. He is a tricky guy and makes you feeling that he is a generous, professional rich car dealer, but he is real DEVIL.
    If I had money, time and power, I would take him to court and also file a lawsuit against him. Unfortunately I don't have any of those and is not leaving in US, but in Canada and it will be very hard to do those, so I just tell you there are so many good dealer over there.
    Unfortunately I did not do enough re search over his name and dealership and did trust him, and I did receive a car at the end which has a lot of issues and missing pieces which is out of scope of this complain and I will be more than happy to share what I have gone through with whoever wants to know. I tried to recover some of my loses through himself, but he is not returning my calls and deletes my emails, so I have gone through other Sources like Master Card as some of my payments was done through them. I will not stop to legally hurt him and his business by trying to making people aware of what kind of person and car dealer he is. I have many email and documents which proof how many times he lied to me to sell his car and can share them with whoever is interested. This is minimum thing I can do.

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    What car did you buy?

13. jmm7056

jmm7056 Rookie

Sep 6, 2012
    Ferrari Chat Member's and Loyal Clients of this Dealership,
    Generally I don't have time in my 12 hour days to respond to silly things like PPI's on Bentleys.
    Dino Thanks and Yes, there are (2) sides of every story and the fact here is that the gentleman from TX was clearly agitated that we were not interested in taking the Bentley GT w 8k miles off the Showroom Floor to the local Bentley Dealer for a PPI until we had a) A committed Purchase Price that was negotiated prior to. b) A fully refundable deposit via the buyers Credit Card as a show of "Good Faith" from the buyer.. That's it. End of Story...

Most Important we would like to give a short reply to the gentleman from Calgary Canada.

Purchased from Scottsdale Sport & Classic Motorcars LLC 04/12 was a 2009 BMW X5 w 35k miles. Still under Full MFG Warranty and BMW Full Scheduled Maintenance Program for an additional 12 months. Marketed w 40+ pix on our web site with a complete and accurate description. Including the (Non-BMW 22" WHLS).
    This 2009 BMW X5 offered for purchase represented in condition and this Dealership as well as our $100k++ Exotic's we are known for nationally...
    Our Canadian friend NEVER thought to contact his local Canadian Governments requirements for importing a vehicle, Make and Model into Canada?? The BMW arrives as promised and he's told that he needed to have a State Inspection to make sure the car met Canadian Standards which are in many cases different than cars MFG'd for the US market... Well when the updates and their costs were given to him!! We became this terrible Car Dealership that ripped him off and we should pay for the Canadian required updates etc!!! Then when he received his Credit Card Invoice for the shipping charges and the deposit for the initial purchase. He had the "Balls" to tell the Credit Card Company that he had NEVER heard of Scottsdale Sport & Classic Motorcars LLC and the charges we're made without his knowledge!! Needless to say with the documentation on file of the purchase. We we're paid by his Credit Card Company in Full. But we're still this evil dealer in Scottsdale AZ!!
    Business is GREAT and w 30+ years in this Business I've learned there are some buyers no matter how hard you try to make buying a car a pleasant and enjoyable experience they will find fault with their purchase. Those of you that know this myself, this Dealership, our "No Excuse" product and have stood up for us. We are greatly thankful. Those of you that don't know us please take the time to visit our web site at www.scottsdalesport.com . Read our EBAY "BUYERS FEEDBACK" on the home page. We work very hard and continue to offer the finest, lowest mile specialty cars in the country!!!
    Respectfully,
    John M