Screen, Backup Cam and Apple CarPlay not working on 488 | FerrariChat

Screen, Backup Cam and Apple CarPlay not working on 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chrigel, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    Hi,

I got my used 488 last night and played around with it to learn everything.

This morning the battery was too low and the car wouldn't start. I guess I didn't turn it off properly...... Now it's charged again and almost everything works fine again, except the right screen does not work in Apple CarPlay or in the normal Nav, Radio mode. Also the backup cam is only black. My iPhone does not pair with the car anymore because that USB port is dead. The other one works fine.

I have a feeling one or more fuses burned out, but I don't know who to change it. Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    damn, sorry to hear. When the battery on my 458 died I lost bluetooth connectivity, when everything else works (cant pair). Dealer checks it out and says need a new 20k radio, and suggest I hire someone who can fix the bluetooth in the decker sys for a lot less. I dont think it's a fuse (otherwise your radio wont even start), have a feeling this might be a similar issue, even though yours sounds a bit more severe

3. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    Quick update. It’s all fixed.

Just needed to disconnect battery for 10 min and all system came back fine. When battery goes low, some functions go off and even when you recharge the battery they stay in the faulty stage. A battery disconnected did fix it for me.

Thank you Nick from Ferrari of Seattle.

MANDALAY and RayJohns like this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive said it about FFs, these cars need a cntrl -alt-delete button

boobernackle likes this.
  5. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    That's usually the solution ;)

6. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Battery disconnect fixes 99% of issues on most Ferraris

Ray

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Yes and I get your point but ctrl-alt-del is more like a soft reset. These Ferraris are beyond that and need the hard reset equivalent to yanking the battery out of your laptop! Even then you have to follow the correct startup to complete the reboot to re-synch all the ECUs.