SE 30 thread | Page 76 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I was behind this car when it had the accident in South Cali as it was entering the Freeway after a local cars and coffee event. At the time it was owned by Keith, a member here. I took the car and had it completely redone by Steve from Driven Exotics in Gilroy, California.

It was then sold to another board member here, as a matter of fact John SHOULD know this as he bought my SE Purple from the owner in trade for his White grey market SE30 car, that as from last conversation with the new owner has jst to be correctly licensed and titled into the USA due to its Grey Market Status. I recall Joe Sackey helping with this sale as well.....

I would have to see VIN#s to confirm, but I DO NOT think this car pictures is the one Jota for sale from Sweden. As a matter of fact, if its the same JOTA in Sweden that has been for sale privately, I do not think that car has ever had any accident and paint work done to it....I could be wrong.

2. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Agreed, it is not the car from Sweden. I do not think anyone implied that, apparently it is owned by someone from Sweden now?

Roy, I think you are getting confused... this is not CB's car. This is the car that came to Florida and was with LB.

Or am I confused?? Haha.

3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Thanks for the clarification

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    So Lambo Gurus what's the car worth given it's accident history and the bolt on Jota kit? If a perfect 1200 mile regular SE30 is ~ $380-400k than what's this car worth accounting for miles and Carfax history and the unattainable after market unoriginal Jota kit (which I am not so sure helps or detracts from the car's value).

5. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Exactly.

6. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Difficult to put an estimate on this car considering its history, even irrespective of mileage or damage; it will be interesting to see if it sells at auction. The kit is actually not aftermarket but OEM, one of two kits that were left at the factory. Both were sold to the US and if I recall correctly installed somewhere in 2007/2008 at Driven Exotics; I think Emilio has the full story here. But both cars are not part of the original Jota series of the '90s, which only included Euro/base models, and are also not documented as such by the factory. Perhaps that is an important factor to consider.

7. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    not all of the jota kits where installed at the factory and it was a **** install. wrong gaskets was a major problem and why the cars had **** idle. gossip says 15 cars had install at the factory. person to ask is balboni. the key was always to get access to a jota kit one way or another. I have more interest in the car just to get access to the kit then the car it self.

Lemacc and ijvpet like this.
  8. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Christian you have a potty mouth using all those asterisks. But I heard that before where the factory installed Jota kits would be removed so that the car can run properly.

Geno

9. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    064/150 will be auctioned next month during RM Sotheby's Paris sale; 275.000 - 325.000 Euros estimate

Some comments:
    - It is the only SE that I know of in this color combination; there could be more however, although unlikely
    - For sale in 2008/2009 with 30.500kms at 135.000 Euros, price then dropped to 129.000 Euros
    - Listed for sale several times since 2015. 39.000 kms and asking price 399.000 Euros in 2015, then with 39.886kms and asking price 410.000 Euros (04/2016). Subsequently at Auctionata auction (09/2016) with 39.995kms, no bids at 220.000 Euros starting bid. Then listed for sale again at 349.000 Euros (05/2017), 375.000 USD (09/2017)

The car is advertised by RM Sotheby's as "remarkably well preserved", "remaining in excellent condition" and "impeccably well maintained". This was not what the condition of this car was like when it was for sale in 2008/2009, according to two people that personally inspected this car and whose names I will not disclose:
    "The car had a full body repaint and not to normal Diablo standards, with a little orange peel finish"
    "The car suffered serious damage and was repaired ... Front and rear bumpers, side skirts and other components were replaced, including windshield"
    "The car was involved in an accident and it was very difficult to install the front glass and to regulate the door"

I do not know if all of these issues are true or have been taken care of since, and personally I have never seen this car nor do I know the current owner. What I do know is that RM Sotheby's offered another SE at their Villa Erba sale in May last year (020/150) and it turned out that that particular car was not as described; see our discussion from here onwards. I hope that they have done their research properly now, as you would expect.

10. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    It was my car, I did all the research with Emilio and Valentino got us the last two unused kits (documented here 1000 times). Christian and Roy are totally right. It is an old system that is very raw and was never fully flushed out because of Chrysler pulling out and the racing department left for dead. Car sold yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. KP

11. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    kane00 started this thread waaaay back in the day. This thread was a big influence on me buying my car.

12. lince

lince Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    Thank you for the update, how much did it went for

13. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Glad it helped!

Not sure what it went went for. A couple friends contacted me and asked about it. Not sure if they bought it. I'm sure Roy knows. For the right person, it's an amazing car.

ijvpet likes this.
  14. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    Have you a link to the Jota kit discussions?

15. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    here is the Jota kit when i opened the crate

KIT POTE...as POTENZA i think, as POWER KIT, how cool is that?

...over 10 years ago! :O

F..K i am getting older :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ciro Izzo, cnpapa24 and S_AGATA like this.
  16. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    TRUE! many years ago
    when diablos were not so cool and even SE30 not much loved
    thanks to Kane00 :)

17. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    yes I second many thanks to Kane00

18. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    I believe that 30 kits were made in total, of which 28 were installed in the '90s in Euro cars. Besides, the factory used at least 2 prototypes with M-MEC test kits. And then there are also the 3 Jota P-series cars that have significantly more engine modifications.

19. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    ****! We are old!

20. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    The least I could do! Cheers.

21. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    How do you know they made at least 2x M-Mec test kits?

22. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    I don't, I said that there were 2 prototypes that had this development kit

23. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
  24. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
  25. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    I seen much worse damage on a few different diablos and since insurance wasn't involved in their repairs they were fixed, sold and very few people know. Its a sad fact but IS reality. Anyway, that damage was no big deal. (in regards to purple car on previous page/pics)