Seat Heater Issue | FerrariChat

Seat Heater Issue

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cab2u, Jul 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    My driver's side seat heater indicator comes on when I start the car. It usually doesn't actually heat but today it did. Any ideas. I was thinking about taking out the seat and checking the wires. Does anyone know the type and size of the ratchet attachment I need.
    On a side note, is there no way to search this the model specific forums any more?

2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    In search box basic, there’s a check box for “search this forum only”
    If you click in the search box and then select the “more”button it goes to advanced search and you have an option to select what forums to search as well as “all”

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've seen that "Heat seater on" or some such message pop up on the TFT once or twice. Last time I was driving the Cali over a rough road. Didn't turn the heating function on though. Can't answer the other questions, sorry...T

4. A.J

A.J Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I’ve had 3 California’s and it’s done this on all of them. I just put it down to cheaply made sensitive switches. It is annoying though lol.

5. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Same issue on my 2017 F12. Went in for a dealer fix at first annual service...they didn't fix it. Annoyingly intermittent.

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    What a shame, Ferrari should fix those faults imo ….