Seat vertical height adjustment | FerrariChat

Seat vertical height adjustment

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Britward, Feb 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Britward

Britward Karting

Sep 8, 2021
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob Ward
    Hi Everyone,

My drivers seat has perhaps 3-5mm of vertical adjustment and the passenger seat even less. Should I try to fix it, which very likely means removing the seat and replacing the motor, or is this just the normal range of adjustment? Or perhaps it's close enough to normal that it's not worth trying to improve it?

The seating position seems really high to me, I feel "perched" up high, but again that could be normal. I sit low in my other car so it could just feel unfamiliar.

Thanks!
    (1986 412)

2. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    Stop showing off with your 3mm of height adjustment. You’re making me jealous! There’s no height adjustment offered in my car!

3. Britward

Britward Karting

Sep 8, 2021
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob Ward
    Well technically there really isn't on mine either...

4. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    The drivers seat was higher than the passengers in one of my 400i's when I got it. There were 30mm spacers under the seat mounts - must have had a short owner at some stage.

5. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    There is a lever underneath the seat, not sure what its function is, but that could be the height adjustment?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

6. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Rob, it’s been a while since I’ve adjusted the seat height on my 412, but it’s way more than 3-5mm. Make sure nothing’s jammed under the seat and or excessively gunked up / dirty.

Did you get the car sorted yet? I’d be happy to get together and have you sit in my car if you’d like to compare. Shoot me a pm.

Ruben

7. Britward

Britward Karting

Sep 8, 2021
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob Ward
    Hey Ruben, NO, it's still at Dino. The main work is done, did the valve guides and powder coated the cam covers while we were at it.

Drove it briefly last week with the bonnet still off, last thing to do is a new a/c pump. Most likely next week.

Which I have said many, many, many times now...

8. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Ha! Welcome to the fabulous world of Ferrari repair shops!