Seats , which one to choose for my order | FerrariChat

Seats , which one to choose for my order

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jason O, Aug 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason O

Jason O Rookie

Jul 31, 2014
    Newfoundland
    Full Name:
    Jason O
    Just got back from the dealership experience . Got to test drive a car with Full electric seats , and sat in a couple 2015 stock units one with just the basic electric the other had the large race seat , I found I couldn't get the bolsters right in the full electric ,but just sitting in the base electric was fine and the carbon race seat was great as well , but I did not get to drive or spend any quality seat time . Whats everyones take on the best seat for the 458 ?

J

2. bigblock737

bigblock737 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Andy B.
    The race seat is the best of all worlds...

3. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    I ordered basic electric, they are comfortable and look great.

Couldn't justify dropping 9,000 extra for the racing seats and was told they may not be practical for day to day use, not as comfortable etc.

Basic seats with the prancing horse logo on the headrest is the way to go.

4. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Racing seats are second to none. Super comfortable even on long drives and look amazing.

5. sundowner

sundowner Karting

Jun 5, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Dick
    I found the driver's side racing seat to be very comfortable and supportive. However, the passenger's side racing seat height is not adjustable and my wife found it very uncomfortable basically sitting with her legs extended straight out. Had to compromise on the full electric.

6. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I find the racing seats to be very comfortable and the slim design really suits the 458. As far as passenger side not being able to adjust the height, my wife just has to sit on a cushion, i would not compromise.

7. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Racing seats....No question!

8. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Racing seats have the ideal blend of luxury and sporting style.

9. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Racing seats without question. Would not buy a used car without them.

10. dipesh.tank

dipesh.tank Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    I was in the same dilemma and went for the racing seats. I use mine daily and these seats are the best. Only problem is you can't get them heated

11. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Personally it would be the carbon driver zone and race seats but if I had to choose one, I would choose the carbon driver zone.

12. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    I find Racing seat is very comfortable (I would suggest to ask for Auto Adjustment Base seat for Racing seat on the driver seat only / as an option), you can't have it on the passenger seat.

The auto adjustment base seat will give you to adjust the height without to take off any bolts on the seat), I found very convenience if you are below 6" or if anyone who want to drive below 6".

Every options in Ferrari is money so if you are on it and need it then go for it.

Best of lucks.

13. Webraider

Webraider Karting

Sep 12, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Ulli
    Yet another vote for the race seats.

Even after 1,000 km rides in (except half an hours coffee-break)
    ONE leap my back does NOT hurt & side-stability is top-notch.

Consider Alcantara too, as it's not as slippery as leather.

Best,
    Ulli

14. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Racing seats are less padded but they are amazingly ergonomic for all body types. Hence, they are quite comfortable. I find them more comfortable than the standard seats. I don't have a problem with them not being electric. The rotating knob to adjust the recline is easy to use even while in motion.

15. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Which full electric seats were they? Daytona or Diamond? I think there's a difference, and the Diamond is the better choice. Some say that standard seats will hurt resale, whether or not that's ture, Idk.

Anyway, it does not matter to me. Race seats I also think are by far the better seats. Just get the size that fits you. I'm 5'11" and 157 lbs. Medium fits me nicely.

16. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I went low-rent style on my 2015, standard non electric. Once I set the seat in the position I like then it never changes, LOL. :)

17. KYROCKS

KYROCKS Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2013
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Kyriacos
    I have Daytonas, but racing seats are the way to go.

18. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    If $$ is not a problem, racing seat is definitely the best. If not, better get the standard seat rather than Daytona which looks like SUV's seat.

19. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    +1 unless you are letting someone else drive, why does it matter? :)

20. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I have Daytona in a 2013 458 and have had several sets prior to this car. Never had a complaint before but wife and I are having comfort problems in these seats. Hip pain in both cases. I will make a different choice on the next car.

21. Jason O

Jason O Rookie

Jul 31, 2014
    Newfoundland
    Full Name:
    Jason O
    Thanks guys , I'm going with the Race seats
    J

22. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Jason,

I don't know what car you are coming out of, but what I noticed with the racing seats is they are not adjusted vertically and the body line of the top of the door to me feels very confining compared to my F355 Spider. Both my wife and I adjusted the full power seat up a couple of inches so we could get a feel closer to the F355.

If you are sensitive to the vertical positioning of the seat I suppose you could go with racing seats and put a fixed spacer between the seat tracks and the seat track mounts. Its just something I'd pay attention to. The other thing is you get a seat warmer in the full electric seats which my wife insisted on.

Dave

23. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have electric daytonas. Love them. I find the race seats confining and are hard to get in and out of. I am athletic.

24. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have owned several Ferrari's with different seats. I found that racing seats work best for me . When I first bought a Ferrari I went for full electric and then realized I set the seats one time and the "gadgets" just added weight. Best

25. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I have the full power Daytona seats which I am very happy with.