Sebring II information needed for restoration | FerrariChat

Sebring II information needed for restoration

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 66Sebring, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 66Sebring

66Sebring Rookie

Dec 20, 2017
    Full Name:
    William H Taylor
    I'm in the process of restoring a 66 Sebring, 0145, and am in need of some information and pictures. My car did not come with the SS/chrome trim that goes in front of the vents that are mounted on top of the front fenders at the base of the windshield. I need detailed photos and measurements of these trim pieces please. The car didn't come with the cover that goes under the right side fuel tank that protects the fuel lines. I'd like to know what it was and to get some pictures.

Thanks in advance
    Bill

2. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
  3. 66Sebring

66Sebring Rookie

Dec 20, 2017
    Full Name:
    William H Taylor
    AWESOME JOE!! I was hoping someone had one off their car. I need measurements that I can put in SolidWorks to then have one made. What would work best is to lay it flat on a piece of cardboard and trace the flat portion. Then roughly kind of draw the raised portion on that and give me measurements from the edges of the flat to where it starts to make the pan portion. I think I can get the angles from the pictures but I need the depth or height of the pan portion at various places. I'd like to know what the thickness of the material is also and where it's welded or bend. If the vent pieces are off the same kind of thing would work for them. What is the hammered bump in the pan portion? Maybe where it was damaged and then fixed?
    Mine was made in Nov 65 with #74 body but was registered in 66 and that it what the title says. The only option I have are wires with black paint and tan interior.

Thanks for anything you can do to help me and hope I can return the favor

Bill

4. 66Sebring

66Sebring Rookie

Dec 20, 2017
    Full Name:
    William H Taylor
    One other thing I have discussed with other Sebring owners is the material, whether steel or aluminum, of the sheet metal of the doors, trunk and hood. Mine are all steel but others have a mixture of steel and aluminum sheet metal over the steel frames. Just curious.

Bill

5. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    Alll of the panels on my car are also steel. The access panel and the vent parts are at my painters, as they are doing final figment of all of the trim and are are working on final block-out. It should be back to it original Grigio Albany Metallizato in the next few weeks. I will be away on business until the end of the week and will head to the painters next week and take measurements for you.

Joe

6. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    Bill,
    The bump on the access panel was caused by the fuel tank drain plug The tank must have slipped down over the years. I did not know the panel was there until we stripped the bottom of the car to bare metal. The panel had about a 1/4" of bituminous undercoating on it. I do not know about other Sebrings, but the factory was not stingy on the application of undercoating on my car.
    The shop my car is at for paint work is fantastic with metal and aluminum work and could most likely fabricate one for you. If you are interested let me know and I will PM his information to you.

Joe

7. 66Sebring

66Sebring Rookie

Dec 20, 2017
    Full Name:
    William H Taylor
    I would be interested in getting in contact with your restorer just in case but I believe the the measurements would be best for me as I could probably do it myself. I also have another problem. No only me but another Sebring II owner are missing the rear defrost motor cover that sits on the back shelf. Would you be able to take some pictures of it along with some measurements at your convenience. My car could also lose about 100 lbs of undercoating. I've tried to PM but it doesn't seem to work. Mine is [email protected]

8. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    I have the rear window defrost fan diffuser. I will collect up all of the photos and measurements and email them to you. It will be later this week.