Sebring Weekend | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sebring Weekend

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony James, Mar 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dude, they ran two cars at Lemans LAST year!!

Maybe new tin foil on your Rabbit ears???
    :D :D

Glickenhaus media outreached is across the modern board, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and you know, snail mail.
    Glad you found some mention of his team.

2. Und....pole at Sebring last year was about 128 mph. For the Rolex (pole for the ROAR qualifying race) was only 8 mph more....136 mph. That ain't a helluva lot tighter/slower.
    Wanna talk tight? Let's say Monaco..... ;)

3. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Last year was my first time. March is a very hard time for me to leave, it is my busiest time of the year but my wife and I had been wanting to go for a long time. We made the decision at the end of 2020 to schedule the Sebring trip for the 2021 race and my customers would just have to deal with it. Best decision ever. We had a blast. We renewed our tickets last year, scheduled the Airbnb and we can't wait to begin the trip. I have been to quite a few races before but never IMSA/WEC in person. I didn't know if I would like it being there in person because sometimes watching an event in person is not as good as watching on TV. I had that experience going to the US Open about 25 years ago. I decided I would never do that again. But, it was absolutely the best way to experience the race. It was windy and cold last year, I hope it is sunny and warm this year.

Are you going?

Anthony James likes this.
  4. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Monaco sucks. It's too tight. That is the only F1 race my wife and I agree sucks and we don't watch. They should end that race, I don't care about the history, it sucks. Or, make the cars 1/2 the size, powered the same, with tires 1/3 as wide. Then you have my attention.

Isobel likes this.
  5. I had, maybe, a roof antenna in mind for my new TV.....'finally considering trashing me old 12" roundy RCA. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    'Might even go color......'gotta t'ink about that a while too tho'...... :p

6. #31 lorenzobandini, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    I wouldn't wanna see it go. For exactly that reason.....history......tradition..... :)
    Those chicanes and bus stop don't belong on the Mulsanne or Daytona's backstretch either. :(

Anywho, I wuz just trying to get a handle on what you consider tight. There's only one really slow corner at Sebring. The hairpin.

7. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    We saw a bit of action at the right hander coming into the seven sebring hotel. They are all out right before they get to that right hander and its all brakes. So many lockups with the prototypes braking later than the GT's, and cutting in front of them causing the GT's to lock up or hit the back of the prototypes. I like that turn, but the others are definitely quick through the apex. I want to ride with a Platinum driver at full speed in a Porsche GT2R at Sebring, all out. I can't drive anywhere close to that, but I like it. :)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  8. As in post #14, no. Whar's happening to racing is diminishing (what used to be) my passion. :(

I get a "fix" every now and then but afterward wonder why I bothered.
    These days my most enjoyable times are at SCCA club races at Moroso.....errrr.....PBIR again.....only 45 miles from home.

Isobel, Jakuzzi and ddrewesusa like this.
  9. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    @lorenzobandini Come on over, your almost there! My closest "home" road course track that hosts IMSA is 3 hours away and that's not even too far to go. Even if you just get a day pass, you have a place at turn 13. We can even send the cooperate jet .....ah golf cart to pick you up at the gate. @chrixxx You will have the whole corner cheering you on!

chrixxx and mdrums like this.
  10. You mixing me up with someone else??? The distance and time has nothing to do with my losing interest in what used to be the sport of auto racing, as stated in 14. ;)
    I only mentioned the distance because it is an added bonus to seeing some real (yeah, usually not even close) racing rather then BoPed, spec'd, BS flagged, or whatever have you, billboard parade, "choreographed", shows.....
    Like I said I get a fix every now and then at the Sebring test or the ROAR. At least they're not making believe they're racing.
    I do miss shootin' pool.....(in what was it? the F-Troop tent? I fergit which one....).....after hours during the week. :)

Anthony James likes this.
  11. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    @Anthony James Which RV are you all in, we’ll stop by and say hello.

12. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex

Attached Files:

13. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    3227-3222

Attached Files:

ddrewesusa likes this.
  14. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    21 Team looking stout!

ddrewesusa likes this.
  15. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you Anthony! we had a great run in the Prologue but some technical Issues this morning for FP1, so we had to skip that one. FP2 was kinda busy to pack the program into the 60min.

lets hope for a better run tomorrow. if someone wants to pass by please drop me a message, I try to check messages here constantly. My RV is at the end of the WEC Paddock

and god, I looooooove to be here..... it is just amazing :)

16. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    My wife and I will stop by if you would like. Send over a picture of the RV so we know which one.

17. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    :)
    Unless you have 21 on it. Then I think it will be no problem. :)

18. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ddrewesusa likes this.
  19. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Gave you a shout out on your way out to pit road this afternoon! So glad you like Sebring, the fans LOVE the WEC. I hope you and your crew head out to "green park" after your race for the experience!

Cheers Chris, will keep in touch.

20. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Aaahhh great! yes saw you! and for sure we will stay after our race and join the party for the 12h IMSA race! see you tomorrow

21. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Here is something interesting that happened this morning. Our parking is in the same parking that the race teams use. My wife and I just pulled into the parking spot guided by the parking assistants. The spots are 2 spots front to back and we were guided into the front spot. After sitting there for about 30 seconds to finish a sip of my coffee, all of a sudden it was, BAM, the car that was guided behind us hit us in the back. I was like holy crap. I saw the driver get out, and I got out, and the attendants came over. The other cars driver asked if we were ok, we were good, it was just surprising. The attendant asked if we were ok and joked with the other cars driver and said “I hope you aren’t a driver for a race team.” He said “I am the driver for the #2 car. I am embarrassed.” I about fell over. No real damage, who cares, stuff happens. I thought it was hilarious actually. He was with his race team and we all had to get on the trolley together to head over to the paddock. I know they had to be ribbing him. This is the gentleman:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

When can you say that you were hit in the back by a professional driver of a race car at an international race. I think he will always remember us as the people he hit in a parking lot at a race. Well, I can guarantee his race team won’t. :)

22. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Lol ... "it will buff out"

ddrewesusa likes this.
  23. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    So jealous of all you that are at Sebring. Have a great time!

ddrewesusa and chrixxx like this.
  24. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex