Seeking current owner of 82 400i # F101CL40555 | FerrariChat

Seeking current owner of 82 400i # F101CL40555

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Vikingr, Jul 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vikingr

Vikingr Rookie

Jan 9, 2016
    Car is advertised for sale on San Francisco, California Craigslist at 2X retail. Suspect scam or unscrupulous dealer/broker. WLTB car at current actual market value. Car purported to be located in KC MO. Owner should contact me directly. Thanks for your assistance.

2. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Brent Stone from Symbolic International contacted me regarding a Bentley Continental he thought I might be interested in. Through discussions about the Bentley he asked what I own. I told him about my 400iGT and was clear that I didn't really want to and certainly don't need to sell as I absolutely love this car. But, as with everything I own, it has a price. He said might have a guy who would be interested so I sent him more detailed info/photos.
    Without my knowledge or consent he (or someone with whom he shared the info) listed it on Craigslist, for a higher price, and using photos of a different car. I have contacted him and his firm with instructions to remove the listing immediately. If I really wanted to sell it, I sure as hell wouldn't post it on Craigslist.

3. Vikingr

Vikingr Rookie

Jan 9, 2016
    Thank you.That was fast! Ad has been deleted. Feel free to contact me if/when you decide to sell. Serious no-BS cash buyer, not a dealer/broker/consignor. Have always wanted one of these. Looking for unusual imports, sick of dealers mucking up simple transactions and holding cars for ransom. Sorry for your inconvenience.

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Not sure what you have against listing on craigslist, but wow, this is a weird story.

5. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    If I really wanted to sell it, I'd offer it on Ferrarichat and/or the FCA classifieds so I wouldn't get the tire-kickers and brokers offering to "help." Craigslist is a great thing for a lot of items, I just wouldn't list my Ferrari there.

Yes, it is weird. I thought I was dealing with a reputable dealer (Symbolic International). When confronted, their salesman, Brent Stone flat lied to me about what he did. Within 5 minutes of me contacting him about the listing - that he said he had absolutely no knowledge of - it was removed from Craigslist.