Semi-Track 599 | FerrariChat

Semi-Track 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by GasAdams, Sep 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    Hi all,

I want to take my 2007 599 GTB to the track a bit more. It keeps trying to kill me when I drive on the street...it's so fast! What would you do to make it a better, safer, more practical track car?

I need to drive it there, so no slicks. It has a salvage title, though it is in perfect shape now. But, it will never be worth what an unbranded car would be...so I can do whatever I want to it without worrying about resale, etc.

Thanks!
    Gas

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I would go with a roll bar, they were made originally for the car so I'm sure you could get one. Stiffer sway bars, lower springs.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Main thing is better brake fluid and swap it out before and after every track visit. Not a big deal with a power bleeder.

4. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    All new fluids and consumables and replacing any worn components would be a starting point.

To get more out of the car: KW coilovers (corner balanced); wider front wheels; sticky tires (non-slick r-compound); heat management and weight reduction. Headers will get you a significant power bump.

While not as good as CCB, converting to iron rotors (Giro Disc) would greatly reduce operating costs.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    You could look at 599gto and copy some. If not...harness bar, race seat,6pt harness,200twr street tire,race brake pads, floating rotors if available, lowering on stock coils,corner balance,alignment for tracking,tune out some understeer,easy weight reduction...pass seat 50lbs...test for weak links?...motor temps?...trans temps?

6. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    This is all excellent advice...thanks! I'm heading to the track this week. My brake fluid is relatively new, but I'm going to get a power bleeder. I think my tires will go in another trip, so I'll start digging into that with wider wheels and tires. I'll have to plan on the other changes a bit more. Thanks all.