Serious question, kind of... | FerrariChat

Serious question, kind of...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Texas Forever, Oct 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    So what's up? Every Aussie I've ever met has been my kind of guy. (I haven't met any gals, sorry Karren.) So why are you guys commies? Why do you look to the government to solve every problem? Haven't you figured out the government is the problem? Does this go back to the prison days and having to obey the warden? Seriously, I think OZ could be a pretty cool place if you had a major change in attitude. Case in point is the duty on import cars. Screw that ****.

Maranello550 likes this.
  2. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The import duty is only 5%, the GST is 10%, the luxury car tax is 33% on cars valued over 75K. Some pressure that the LCT will be removed in the near future.
    But in simple terms, the real problem is the "Australia Design Rules" and the processes around that which makes it nearly impossible to import a new RHD car to Australia, and no chance of registering a LHD car here until its at least 25 years old. That makes it easy for manufacturers to keep the price high.

kena and Maranello550 like this.
  3. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    PLUS...don't even think of bringing in anything that has asbestos in it...that includes the undercarpet felt.

ScottS, kena and Maranello550 like this.
  4. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    When the weight of the paperwork equals the weight of the project you are going to do...Then you can start...It's called " Jobs For The Boys".....

kena, Texas Forever and wrxmike like this.
  5. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 4_Eff_Sake, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Ok, as an Aussie, I’m pretty qualified to say... stop being a dickhead (that’s a term of endearment here in Australia)

I’m guessing you come from the United States Of Centre Of The Universe?? If so, you’d have a pretty cool country if it wasn’t for how many bloody problems of your own you have to deal with. Climate change deniers, flat earthers, bible bashers, white supremacists, ant-vaxxers, politicians on the NRA payroll, conspiracy theorists, pay-per-view pastors in private jets, obese children’s and their equally supersized parents, damn the list goes on and on.

Only US rednecks living in the last century throw out the commies line. Communism barely ever rates a mention here, even in the most intoxicated of pub sessions. As an insult, it carries less weight than the paper the 5th Amendment is written on.

Yeah, we pay ridiculous taxes on cars. Could be something to do with the fact that our population that’s 10% of the US’s has to support infrastructure of a land mass the same size as North America.

The best thing about Aussie’s though is we already know our country is cool, so we don’t really need external validation. I’ve been to Texas - great place, but Australia kicks its arse in just about every way imaginable. C’mon down and check it out. You’ll agree, as long as you watch out for the wildlife. Everything here will kill you quicker than a depressed American teenager with an AR-15.

Cheers buddy

PS. Our beer is better than that yellow water you guys call beer too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its328 and kena like this.
  6. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What he said^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  7. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Sorted....and YEP!!!

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...well that got serious in a hurry

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  9. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  10. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    There should be a warning entering the Aussie section......:)

daytona355, knocker and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  11. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    daytona355, knocker and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    So would you trade cheaper cars/parts for some of the other US 'benefits'?

13. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    You've never visited have you? Aussies are about the least commie /'sheeple' you'll come across and I think you'll fnd most Aussies are actually pretty happy with the way our government operates (even when it's not one's preferred party in power); more particularly, we appreciate the independence of our judiciary, by and large we trust our police and national security on local and federal level; no one worries about getting shot at school (or anywhere else really), 'fear' of one's neighbours is pretty non-existant apart from a few small pockets in Mel and Syd... what's not to like? Australians also travel a lot so they've seen first hand a lot of other systems and I think that makes people appreciate what we have. I believe there is still a Communist party registered in Aus, although I haven't heard anything in decades, but we also had an elected politician from the Motorists Party (sorry, I can't actually recall the corrct name, but something like that) so all's fair in Aus politics!

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  14. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Duty? Isn't that kinda like a tariff? o_O Coming soon to a German import near you!

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  15. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
  16. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Calm down Karen....I was talking about all the Bureaucracy we have to go through these days before we can do anything in this place.....AKA the (Nanny State)lucky country.....

kerrari and greg246 like this.
  17. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    So where has Tex gone??

18. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Lying under his desk in the foetal position?.......:)

Gizzi and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  19. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Lol.
    I dont understand why he would come and poke the hornets nest then bugger off. Or was he trying to be congenial?

Texas Forever likes this.
  20. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Oh yep
    Well said

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  21. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Not sure but he's lucky PP , Greg and Ian haven't come out of their corners yet....:)

Gizzi likes this.
  22. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Wow! Where do I start? I'm sure you're a nice bloke, Tex, but you are displaying an affliction from which many of your compatriots suffer: ignorance. So let me enlighten you. Australia is not near Austria. You can't get there by driving. We speak English (of a sort), we didn't "learn the language fast". These last three are from actual conversations I've had with locals when travelling in the US (admittedly before the advent of "Crocodile Dundee"). We have a government. We elect it. Voting here is not only a right, it is a civic duty (ie compulsory). That means the government is elected by a majority of the people, not by a majority of people who weren't too slack arsed lazy to give a ****. Voter turnout is over 90% (we have slack arses here, too, but they get fined). We, like you, think that most of our politicians are lazy, stupid, and have their snouts in the trough, but we need a machine to organise infrastructure, health, education, and defence. So do you. It's not perfect. There is waste and inefficiency, but nothing compared to what you guys get up to - the bigger the pie, the more rats to nibble on it, I guess.
    And OZ is already a pretty cool place, thanks. I've been to Texas a couple of times - had a whale of a time. I found the locals to be warm and friendly, and it reminded me a lot of my home state. My favourite food it Tex-Mex! Most Aussies (myself included) have a lot of time for United Statesians, and have a few US friends, but you're going to get your arse shot off with an opening statement like that in the Aussie section!

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have no opinion on this matter

Maranello550 likes this.
  24. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Holy crap! I'm filing that right next to the "I was wrong" quote. Go on, say something nice about V12's, so I can score the trifecta!

Maranello550 likes this.
  25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Calm down!

Maranello550 likes this.