Service/Tech tips newsletter | FerrariChat

Service/Tech tips newsletter

Discussion in 'New England' started by fastradio, Jul 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    As I service more and more of these cars for folks all around New England, I see a need, if you will, to share some of the service and maintenance issues that we all should be thinking of periodically, with fellow F-car owners. I envision a quarterly or even bi-annual newsletter that would address the areas that should see attention on a regular basis.

One of the items that has prompted this idea was the volume of low mileage cars that appear to be in tip-top shape (“major service” up to date), but really need some safety/reliability related TLC to get them back into the condition they were when new. As an example, the effect of the Ethanol present in the fuel today are really wreaking havoc with the original fuel lines that were never intended to handle this corrosive additive. Presuming that these obscure fuel lines are OK, just because the cars have “low miles”…we’ll we have read how these stories end.

And the list goes on and on...

The focus would be on pre-1995 cars, although there would be content of interest for newer cars. If your interested, please PM me with your email address (which will be kept 100% private, never shared and never, ever and spam!) and off course, any additional ideas for content, or specific questions you would like addressed.

Thanks…
    David

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    David,

That would be great! Ferrari did release a few books about 328=era and before service bulletins. i gave/sold them to a fellow fchatter in New England. Big books, many pages of data.