She looks so hot topless.. | FerrariChat

She looks so hot topless..

Discussion in '308/328' started by ny348, Jun 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ny348

ny348 Rookie

Mar 25, 2005
    NY
    my 348 spider that is, but is a pain in the butt to open/close . the manual states you can do damage to top by leaving down for "extended" period of time. if i leave top down for 2-3 weeks a clip does anyone have any experience whether i'll do any damage? thanks for input.

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    The material used for the soft tops, can shrink while being down for a long period of time. When you go to put it back up after a month, and the top has shrunk a little, making it easy to rip or tear....and basically be a pain in the butt to put back up. I would always put the top back up after use.

3. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Ha! Drive a T Cab for a while...you'll dream of the days of ease throwing down the top on a 348...

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    No guaranteed damage. The top will generally stretch back out (if it gets extraordinarily tight, just dampen the canvas with some water as you raise the top). Raise her SLOWLY. Pay careful attention to the SIDES, right where the canvas must slide OUTSIDE the black metal bars.

5. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    My personal experience, no damage. I leave the top down for weeks in the summer. Never had a problem raising or lowering the top. The boot cover is a pain to install though!