Should Max get a suspension from races? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Should Max get a suspension from races?

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Apr 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I agree. And his aggression reminds me of Senna and Schumacher. Certainly tougher than Prost.

ricksb likes this.
  2. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Damn, I forgot his name...

I seem to remember that he has a thread all to himself somewhere around here with 81 pages (and counting)...

:D

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  3. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Senna and Schuey realized that they could not crash the car and get points. Max doesn't seem to care.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    There is a fine line between aggressive and reckless......he's on the side of reckless. The comparison to Senna & Schumacher is ridiculous...even in crashes.
    Let see Max accomplish something first before even mentioning his name with those two.

....right now his name belongs with Kvyat and Maldonado.

E60 M5, Etcetera, BMWairhead and 4 others like this.
  5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    In the old days his driving would have been sorted out by natural selection. I'm not convinced that helmets on kids and the recall of LawnDarts has really done anything positive for society.

SimCity3, Flea7, Etcetera and 2 others like this.
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Senna and Schumacher had class to go with the aggression, and mostly didn’t end up in an explosion of carbon fibre after every single race

Flea7, crinoid, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It couldn't be any clearer that Max's antics are tolerated only because of the influence his chaos brings to the championship. There is no other reason that everyone would be tolerating his trail of debris and repair bills left behind at every single race.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Prost was always smarter in an era when F1 racing was still a lethal sport(unlike today). The collisions that Max precipitates would have resulted in fatalities--himself included--in earlier years. Max will never approach Prost's record unless he reins in his aggression and starts finishing races.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    So true.

Prost was one of the most intelligent drivers ever.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

After years in F1 this should be obvious to himself and his father. No excuse.

daytona355 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  11. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I find myself agreeing with many who have posted here about Max. In days past, his very aggressive style would have landed him in the hospital or the cemetery by now. The only consequences he will ever suffer are those passed out by the FIA or his team

daytona355, Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  12. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Don't forget this full time idiot is Dutch... And so is Heineken. Worst beer in the world or not, Heineken brings a lot of bucks to F1!

BTW, 2 good Heineken jokes.... (I hope I won 't be banned for this...):
    1. What has making love in a kanoo and a glass of Heineken in common?

Answer: It's f*cking close to water!

2.What's the difference between drinking a glass of Heineken and eating p*ssy?

Answer: When eating p*ssy, only the beginning tastes like piss!

13. You're avatar may not be (and may....'don't know, sure looks good....) :)

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The obvious situation at Red Bull - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135753/baku-crash-suggests-red-bull-favours-verstappen

Red Bull's hesitance to act before its Formula 1 drivers crashed in Azerbaijan suggests the team supports Max Verstappen over Daniel Ricciardo, according to guests on Motorsport Show.

The team-mates were eliminated from the Baku race in spectacular fashion when Ricciardo rear-ended Verstappen at Turn 1 after a fraught race-long fight.

Peter Windsor asks this week's Motorsport Show panel members Alan Gow and Matt Bishop if Red Bull's inability to move Verstappen aside will feed those who believe the team favours the Dutchman.

"I think it backs up the theory that Red Bull are much more behind Max than they are behind Daniel," says British Touring Car Championship series director Gow.
    Ex-McLaren F1 communications chief Bishop adds: "I think that's probably right. And that's why I think Christian, who I rate very highly, was torn, probably."

Verstappen and Ricciardo had already made minor contact earlier in the grand prix and both panelists believe Red Bull should have intervened more forcefully.

"If I was [Red Bull team boss] Christian Horner I would have probably handled the situation a little bit better," says Gow.

"Daniel was clearly quicker than Max, they should have made a call and said 'you go past him'.

"Yes, they are both number ones, but you still have to manage each race as it comes and I don't think they managed that one at all."

Bishop admits that "we don't know everything that was said on the radio" but suggests Red Bull lacks the steel to properly implement a team order.

"It reminded me of Malaysia 2013 [when Sebastian Vettel defied a team order and attacked Mark Webber], Christian saying, 'Oh come on Seb, this is getting silly'," Bishop says.

"That doesn't seem to be to me the absolute authoritarian directive from the pit wall we would have expected from Ross Brawn for instance."

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  15. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Verstappen too impatient in 2018 says Perez

MAY 3, 2018

Sergio Perez says Max Verstappen's struggles at Red Bull this year seem very familiar.

In 2013, Mexican Perez was signed by McLaren but he was let go after a single season.

"My time at McLaren hurt me," Perez is quoted by Speed Week.

"I made too many mistakes because I was impatient," he added. "I was frustrated.

"I think Max has just been too impatient in the last races and I can understand that well. His car is not as good as he hoped, he pushes too hard, he lost a victory in China.

"I'm convinced that it was a big blow for Max to see Daniel (Ricciardo) win in Shanghai."

Indeed, while feted as a young sensation and a future champion, Verstappen has made notable mistakes in 2019 and been outclassed by his more experienced Red Bull teammate.

Perez said: "But I think Verstappen is a smart guy. He will have noticed what is happening and become an even better driver."

Some believe Verstappen, 20, is too aggressive, and Perez agreed that drivers feel nervous when they see the young Dutchman in their mirrors.

"If you have Max behind you, then you have to expect something crazy. But in almost all cases, he has his car under control.

"He's had some bad races in a row, but he will put that behind. He is a very good driver and I have no qualms about racing with him," he added.

16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

You might want to check Damon Hill's thoughts on class in the Adelaide "collision" :D

17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max is old-school and should be applauded for bringing concern into the mind of Hamilton whenever Max has the chance to bang wheels and overtake Number 44.

18. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Are you serious?????
    If Max was 'oldschool' in old times, he'd be buried and forgotten already.
    This full time imbecile is a totally overrated, brainless kid with little to no respect for his adversaries.
    He makes F1 exciting? Yes, for very wrong reasons, unfortunately nothing to do with sport.
    Courage he has, but combined with failing brains, it is fatal.

NEP, stavura, moretti and 4 others like this.
  19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

You might be confusing Brainless with Uncompromising.
    Presumably every brainless kid has achieved in their first two F1 seasons:

the youngest driver to lead a race; the youngest driver to record a fastest lap; the youngest driver to score points; the youngest driver to secure a podium; the youngest driver to start from pole position; and the youngest winner in F1 history

20. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I'll give you another record:
    The worst driver of the last decade winning a GP: Maldonado.... :D
    Stastics can and will be used in favor and against any fact, you surely know that.

Max has an impressive list of "youngest this, youngest that..." as you quote correctly. But nobody else ever started in F1 at such a young age.
    So, infact you're talking about the fact that he got thoses chances that early. We know Max is talented, but his brain is far less developed. If Max would use his brains, he already would have won more GP's, and would have kept other drivers' chances open to finish races...
    Name anybody who made some kind of name in F1 and give the same chances to that person when 17 years old, and Max's results would have been pulverised, by many!
    Take for instance, Jacques Villeneuve.... On his first race in F1, in 1996, he got poleposition, he won his first GP after 3 races. In that year he scored 4 GP wins and 7 podiums, and became second in the WDC (after Damon Hill, his teammate at Williams) that same year. In 1997, his second year in F1, he won 7 GP's and became World Champion!!!
    That is quite a different palmares, I think.

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Will be the youngest to ruin his own career too.

daytona355 and Flea7 like this.
  22. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

What if Max is smarter than all the Sofa F1 Racers on Forums ?

He is in no rush to win WDC's. Plenty of time for that. Perhaps he is setting his stall, and stamping his no-compromise style into the field so others approach with caution at all times.

Previous WDC''s have gotten their ruthless elbows out with good effect.

If he screws up his career so what. It won't affect me while I'm blowing off steam in Vegas or Mayfair :D

23. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I thought you were somehow referring to other F1 drivers. If your answer is now extended to "Forum" F1 drivers, or that you're not affected by the fact that Max would screw up his career, because you'd spend some nice time wherever on the globe, I seriously wonder where you wanna go with this conversation.....

Talking about elbows, up to now, Max has mainly used his against himself.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And we’d have to ask Michael on the one where Hill speared across a corner, no brakes, to take him out a few races before that..... Damon wasn’t the clean cut hero of his own mind.

BMWairhead likes this.
  25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I have been saying this for some time

If he was racing in the 60s we'd never know who he was as he'd be dead by now

daytona355, 375+ and NEP like this.