Signing off | FerrariChat

Signing off

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robbo, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Just a quick note to say thanks to those who genuinly offered sound advice re general Ferrari matters. All was much appreciated. My time with the car was an unforgettable experience, and the forum as a whole offered the info I needed to both save a little money and add in general to the enjoyment.

However, and it's a big however, there remain certain 'posters' on this forum who are to be frank, hugely infantile and irritating.

Good posts are started, and the the usual suspects emerge with their cliquey, toe curling 'finbar saunders' one liners. And guess what, they are always the same posters...without fail. And when a female arrives.....look out. They're off, dribbling onto their keyboards in the hope of perhaps the slightest sign of a flirtatious response.

You all know who they are, so I won't directly name names, but if it weren't for the 'F's, the 'P's and a little less of the pseudo intellectual ramifications of Le Derrier himself Dr Dictionary, there would be a serious amount of new interest from other owners.

Anyhow, rant over. Thanks again for those who helped and actually raised the subject-thread level from the 3rd grade, much appreciated.

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Robbo,

Sorry to hear you feel that way, all the best

Joe ;-)

3. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee

I believe this one coincides with one of the rules of the forum and not to single out any individual or post a thread that could flare things up. For that reason, I believe this post should be closed. I am sorry you feel that way, but we rarely step over the line. Advice is always here when needed. It would be boring if all we did was ask questions - we have a laugh and will do so Sunday night over food and fine wine. Guarantee we wont be talking about cars all night long.

Lee :)

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I for one will miss your posts Robbo, they were always informative/interesting.

Drop by again sometime...

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    keep it open he will be missed as he has been on loads of ride outs meets lunches and trackdays with all the lads and with 99 post in 9 months wow what a regular we need people like this who do nothing but critise every body else for haveing fun well go buy a porsche

6. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

Rob, your choice...me I choose not to don the pseudo anorak which many people will no doubt view thw average ferrari driver. I personally like a more light hearted view on life not that of a blinkered lets just eat, sleep and think ferrari. Hope you find another forum to your taste but doubt you'll find a better bunch anywhere else. Your choice

7. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Hey Robbo,

It certainly takes a mix of people, stick around mate, if not just for the 'informative' side of things.

You can filter posts with ignore lists, can't you?

Ade

8. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Robbo, try the specific model forums. Theres a lot more to Fchat than just the UK room

9. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Good Morning Comrade Steve M8,

Rather than leaving the Forum, it is far better to get one's self thrown off and deported to Monaco. There, one is forced to suffer for one's sins within the chocolate starfish unit at the Monte Carlo Penetentiary. As you will be aware, all this happened to me, and having suffered the penalty I am a better man for it. I am now fully repented and best friends with our illustrious Moderator Toe-knee Hand-cock. I have further sweetened him with the placement of sugar in his petrol tank.

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Chief Executive of Ferrari Chat Human Resources

10. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    Patron Saint of Ferrari Chat Human Resources would be better mate

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    quality mate lol

12. Foxy_355

Foxy_355 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2004
    Berkshire, UK
    <dribble>

Foxy x ;)

13. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Good Morning Comrade Fraternal Brother Stephen Paynter M8 - I Greet You Well,

First Class my Worthy Knight! It is these wonderful one liners which make our days so happy. And therefore I cannot understand why 'Robbo' has taken exception. For one can open up 'The Box Of Tricks' and always find some amusement in the 'Posts.' Steve f is quite superb - a genius!

Perhaps 'Robbo' will reconsider?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Apprentice Moderator under the auspices of 'Toe-knee Handcock - Master Moderator'

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    I beleive by now you are well into the ranks of fellowcraft moderator

15. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R

Stop being so rude !!

16. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Foxy darling sweetheart poppet brings hope to us all !!

17. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Perhaps robbo has a point here!

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    are you after a porsche ??????

19. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    ..are you after a slap????

20. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    a slapper if there is one about

21. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    Theres plenty in Sunderland!!!!!

22. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Thats what started this trouble in the first place:D

23. AlexeonF40

AlexeonF40 Rookie

Nov 11, 2004
    Hi everyone. I am very new to this, in fact this is my first post. I have however been watching and reading for about a month now.

I live between Boston, USA and London. A very good business friend of mine, stimmers360 on here, told me about this site when i came across. I know he now doesnt come on here for certain reason's which seem to be related to what Robbo has said. I thought i might add my opinions as a total outsider.

This website is wonderful, and it brings together like minded people from across the world to enjoy these cars that have been created. It certainly works and great friends have been made and wonderful trips and experiences have been had. However the points these gentlemen in question have made, are valid.

The regular people on here are the ones who get the most out if it, and quite right as well, they have met and become good friends. Thing is if you want this website to grow and to have more people involved, then certain things that are off putting to someone like me may have to change. Every thread, no matter who its started by or what it's about, at some stage becomes a personal joke between the regulars, about things we just dont understand. It can also look very offensive and insulting to someone when they have no idea who it is been directed at and what relation they are to the guy dishing it out. I also found the complete negative attitude towards new people who have ideas to help the website and suggestions, totally amazing. The majority of people on here run there own business's , we have to be open to new and fresh ideas about doing things all the time, even if they come from someone who has been here a matter of days. Does that mean he is wrong ?

As i said i have a very close working relationships with Chris and i know he recieved about 14 private messages from people new to this site telling him that they agreed with what he was saying. With a little bit of thought and a slight change that could be 16 more people who are coming to get pissed in Wales at the weekend and bringing with them new and interesting machinery.

Of course fun has to be had and im all for it but cant it be kept to a certain area, like that cafe bar thing ?

Well, i know i will be shot down in flames as a) im trying to change things with my first post, b) dont have a ferrari in the UK and finally am good friends with a person who it was made clear by some, wasnt welcome on here and his views rejected out of hand.

This is just maybe some help to you guys from an outsider, and there are a lot of us, who are trying to make up their minds if this is a place for them.

I really hope no one takes offence to this,

Alexeon

24. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Firstly welcome to Fchat.

Secondly thank you for expressing your view, which I will for one - politely, I hope disagree with.

I bought my first Fcar a matter of a few mohths ago - one of the guys who was very unsubtley labelled in this thread was a great help to me when I PM him for some help. Alot of what goes on here is done 'off-site' and as someone who is only watching from the sidelines you can't be aware of that.

Personally I have met less than a dozen of these so called regular 'abusers' of Fchat - however I do feel I have got to know so many more through enjoying the 'crack'/verbal banter, call it what you will.

I think we are all mature enough to filter out whatever we don't like about the site - you don't have to read posts from people - you can even put them on an ignore list which will mean you don't see what they have posted at all.

The beauty of Fchat is its ability to cater to a wide bunch of different strong individuals without being prescriptive in what we can or can't talk about.

I for one would not change a thing - I have my Fcar for one reason - sheer indulgence and maybe this is just a small extension of that indulgence - to dilute it as you and Robbo seem to be suggesting is the same as someone telling me I shouldn't have an Fcar because it costs too much and can go so much faster than the legal limit!!

25. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

well said Kevan, weel said indeed