Singer competition? Anybody know about John Sarkisyan customs? | FerrariChat

Singer competition? Anybody know about John Sarkisyan customs?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bitzman, Jan 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Ran into John Sarkisyan at Enderle Center Cars and Coffee in Tustin, CA and was very very impressed with the quality of his modifications on a 356 and 911; both matching colors, with matching red interiors, many many rococo ornate features and use of copper trim instead of chrome, I heard they were a hit at the SEMA show. But need to know
    is this a business run by two brothers, (the other named Edison) I didn't hear them mention the brother and are they building cars for sale or just for their own enjoyment? I remember now seeing the Speedster replica they did before, but these two Porsches were real, built in Zuffenhausen. I believe the 356 was a '63 but not sure what year the 911 was.

And anybody know what city they are out of? Or if they have a shop that's in the phone book?

I believe that I read that they started out with modified beetles but I think the quality of their work is so good that even Singer has to worry, though some might say their cars are over-ornate. I can post some pictures here if you want to see what I mean. I just thought, "there's a trend here, though I don' t know what it is..."

If I can successfully upload the pictures this was the replica. If there's interest I'll post the 356 & 911 coupes
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  2. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Speedster trying (unsuccessfully) to be a Spyker........yawn......Singer has no concerns from here....

NürScud and Boomhauer like this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    They stuck part of a Porsche keychain on the dash?

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that was the first thing I noticed too...

5. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I would like to see some competition for singer, even if not as high end, but this isn't it. This is more Boyd coddinton chip foose but with sports cars instead of muscle cars.

Island Time likes this.
  6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Well, all I can say is that at least these are two real Porsches, so they are a step up from a replica, working on the real thing. I'll post pictures if I get a story up on the web.

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Accumoto does some great stuff, more track/performance focused than Singer but not as exquisitely detailed.

http://www.accumoto.com/accumoto-911-story/

I've seen the white one on their website up close, it's awesome.

8. Pash__

Pash__ Rookie

Feb 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Patrick Graham
    The 356 is a 1963, the 912 is a 1968. I tried to message you but I'm thinking due to my account being new with no posts, I don't have that ability yet ? If you message me, I can get you any info needed in regards to the speedster, the 356 coupe, the 912 or John himself.

Thanks, Pash__

9. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I wouldn't mind seeing the 911 pictures if you have some..........