Sir Lancelot vs Palmer Vs Eriksson..wich one is worst? | FerrariChat

Sir Lancelot vs Palmer Vs Eriksson..wich one is worst?

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Nov 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Please cast your vote ladies and gentleman, wich one of our tree nomenees is in your humble o+inion the worst driver from the 2017 season? I myself have serious doubts about it! (but i would go with sir slow a lot)

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What about Wehrlein?

3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Palmer without a doubt, worst F1 driver in years.

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ericsson by a long way...his backers make papa Stroll look to be down on his luck.o_O

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Palmer.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I agree with Palmer.

Grosjean to me is the biggest disappointment though. No one expected much out of Palmer. Grosjean continues to underwhelm me.

Bas, subirg and 375+ like this.
  7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    This should be merged with the Rock 'n' Stroll . . . The stroller thread. Same topic.

8. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Palmer for sure. Stroll isn't great but he's gotten a few results - you can debate the luck in them, but he at least got them. The Renault is on close to the same level as the Williams performance wise even if not reliability wise but Palmer couldn't even get a lucky result out of it. Look at the points - Massa and Hulkenburg equal at 43, Stroll only 3 back at 40. Palmer at 8.

I might put Kvyat as the worst - look how badly he was crushed by Sainz: 48-5.

9. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Really? I mean, he beat Magnussen pretty handily, and though Magnussen is a little rough at times he had some impressive drives. I don't think the Haas is a flattering car, though it seems they've finally figured out the brakes. It'll be interesting to see how they do next season as they all seem bullish in that they don't have any glaring issues they have to focus and and can finally work on performance. I think Sauber might be tough, though. New money from Alfa with presumably a tight Ferrari intergration like Haas has, and they were almost matching Haas with a 2016 Ferrari vs. the 2017 in the Haas at the end of the season. I think Torro Rosso will be screwed if Honda doesn't work some miracles as they were behind the Saubers at the end of the season.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What I mean is Grosjean is disappointing because he is driving under his talent.

Bas likes this.
  11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    True. If he complained less about his car, and dedicated more time to getting the most out of it using his talent, he would achieve a lot more...

Bas likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Split between Stroll and Palmer.

Palmer had a faster teammate, but he was in his 2nd year. I think until his divorce with Renault he was coming close to a second a lap difference between him and Hulk.

Stroll has a retiree as a teammate, but was in his first year. Still a second down.

Ericsson is sort of holding his own against Wehrlein, which is worse for the latter than it is the Swede. I don't rate Wehrlein that high. Apart from the odd good result he's normally nearer to his teammates. I'm not saying he should be out there scoring points every time, but he doesn't stand out.

13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    That's a pretty tough voting! If I could I would dump all three out from F1.

Bas and furoni like this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Som woulod i...i think palmer did a litle better than teh stroller but was very unlucky, while teh strolles hit the jackpot in baku.....