Slow Down Warning Light F430 | FerrariChat

Slow Down Warning Light F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by lamontlawyer921, Jul 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lamontlawyer921

lamontlawyer921 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So the car drove fine 150miles today...went to SuperCarSunday and then to Valencia and then back home to the OC...as I got off the fwy for home, and accelerated on the streets, the warning light blinked on and the car went into Neutral. Luckily it was at a Red Light and i was coasting to it...the light went off and I shifted into 1st no problem. I am almost positive it was the green not red flashing Slow Down, which means it is a differential issue? Anyone have similar experience? I searched the threads, but did not find any treads on this issue? BTW, It is an 05' F430 Coupe. Thanks guys.

ps: lots of good cars at the SCS event...

2. adriano

adriano Rookie

Mar 13, 2012
    what did the problem for your slow down light endue being??

adriano

3. lamontlawyer921

Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It never happened again...i don't know...service guy said something about once in a while for a brief second the computer doesn't connect to everything...

4. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Have the pump pressure checked. It's the first sign of failure....

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Scott u picked up a 430?

6. lamontlawyer921

Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No, this was an old, old thread...this was from the one I used to have last year...Ed, how is your new ride!

7. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    I remember you sold your 430 and I thought you had bought another one. I think I read where you were looking around again. Did the light ever come on again? If you don't mind, what ever became of the issue? Thanks. Just curious. You had a beautiful car.

8. lamontlawyer921

Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    light never came on again...

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    It's an absolute thrill to drive....and in our weather (though not this weekend with the rain), it is a blast to drive with top down.
    Let me know when you find yours!

10. Ziggy Di Fazio

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sigfrid Di Fazio
    I've had the red slow down light come on in my f430 car runs fine but light will come at random going slow fast and even at a stand still had the car scanned and no faults found any ideas guys it's starting to really piss me off

11. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    when was last you had fluid changes?

12. Ziggy Di Fazio

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sigfrid Di Fazio
  13. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Not sure about 430s but the exhaust ecus used to be suspect. 348, 355, 360, the resin would crack and water would get in and short. You get a false alarm as if the cats were overheating but were not. Check you cats with a laser thermometer or look at them at night when running. Do they glow? The malfunction false alarm is the usual suspect. My first diy fix. Came on, on a long trip out to upstate NY from Boston my first fall. Limp mode for a bit but bogus. Battery reset and restart was fine after a cool down. Not sure when they came back on again but did. I also voltage tested the harness and boxes. Clearly the boxes. They cook over the exhaust. I made heat shields for them. Not sure about green codes.

14. Ziggy Di Fazio

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sigfrid Di Fazio
    I've driven at night and checked the cat's they don't glow the 430 doesn't have exhaust ecus the thermal couple goes straight to the moronic I've been told. I've never had it go into limp mode it's weird the car runs normal apart from the slow down light which is not effecting the performance . I need to find what is making the sdl come on