Slow down.... | FerrariChat

Slow down....

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F456M, Oct 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hello. I took one of the plug cables off of the coilpack right hans side bottom far right seen from rear end of the car looking forward. Later i started the car and forgot to put the bable back on. Then I got SLOW DOWN and heared the spark went to ground at the frame. Then put it back on and the car started to run gradually better and better back to running on all twelve cylinders. But I can hear it is not running perfectly while idling. But almost on all twelve, and while driving it runs normal. The SLOW DOWN comes on every time I start the car after about three seconds hot or cold. A few times when driving with some more than normal speed, the SD goes away. Anyone knows which cylinder’s spark wire I messed with? And where on the engine that cylinders is? I don’t want to touch things more than neccesary. The engine runs strong, but I need to get the SD away really quick because the car is going into a registration inspection in Norway on thursday. I am importing it from Sweden. 1999 model car and it cost me 26.000 dollars!

2. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This is the one.

Attached Files:

3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    SD went away when I let the engine run for 15 minutes idling, while talking the thermocouple connectors off. Sometimes I just have luck! I also took the fuel rail with all the injectors out, but could not see any damage. The spark plugs also looked normal. When the engine idles perfectly the light is off. But previously, it had a slight misfiring, and the light came on.

RKZ841 likes this.