some good knowledge please | FerrariChat

some good knowledge please

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ferrari for me, Jan 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari for me

Jan 9, 2006
    i live near columbus and looking for a 360 spider 6-speed with ultra low miles anybody know of any cars for sale? also kind of close to me so i can eyeball the car myself. thanks for the help!

2. ferrari for me

Jan 9, 2006
    i just found 5 spiders at marshall goldmans in cleveland ohio thats a ton i'm only 2 hours south from there i'll update

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Welcome to the Board...

And as a Cincinnati guy we are not so far off - I actually grew up in the Marion area (parents still have the farm up yonder.. :)

I would not be so concerned with miles - I would be more concerned with maitenance. AKA I would rather have an 01 spider that has had the 30K (regardless of miles) than an 01 with 1000 miles and no service. Sitting with less than 2K miles per year scares me more than the 5K per year exotic...

There are tons of post on that particular topic - so I won't go into that...

I would check the usual suspects. The Ferrari Market Letter, Dupont, Hemmings, Auto Trader, etc. Get the feel for the price of the year, color and milage. Also check in Ferrariads (above link) most of the members here that have a car for sale - will post it there - and this is a good place to find out the details.

Take your time in looking - wait for the exact one (specs you want) there are 100's for sale right now - so the selection is good.

Feel free to drop me an e-mail if you have any questions or need a second opinion (I as well as others who have been around the Ferrari (and dare I say lambo) market will be glad to help.

Remember get a PPI on whatever car you decide to pursue - the 300 bucks can save you thousands!

Rich Wallace
    [email protected]

PS. I don't know of anyone selling a 360 Spider - but I know a heck of an 04 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale :) The owner has a new Gallardo Spyder coming in and really doesn't want to have two Gallardos in his garage (his wife will kill me... errrr. Him).

4. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Great advice by Richard. i'm in the Columbus area myself. I've purchased one F from MAG, our authorized Ferrari Dealer, and one from FoW. I'd check them out too. Richard, I SO WISH I could take your G off your hands..........also when looking for an F Car, STAY AWAY FROM EVANS AUTOMOTIVE on MORSE RD.

5. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Sorry to go off topic - what high school did you graduate from?

Cheers - DM, from Elgin, class of 1973

6. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I went to Pleasant Class of 1987. My Dad was the owner of Southland Barbershop in the mall in Marion and the one in Cervex Center - His name is Wally (I say this since I think everyone in the area knows my dad).

I grew up (actually on the boarder of Elgin School district and Pleasant. Actually in Prospect (just outside). Nickelson Rd...

We probably lived close to each other...

7. ferrari for me

Jan 9, 2006
    hey guys i found a 03 spider silver with 3k at marshall goldman motor cars in cleveland i'm going to see it on thursday it sounds very tempting, and futher info for me to know? they seem to have a good reputation. i hope it works out i'm really excited