Some Usefull Information | FerrariChat

Some Usefull Information

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Sodacom, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sodacom

Sodacom Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    GREENSBORO, NC
    Full Name:
    DAVID SODERQUIST
  2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    interesting data.

can we assume that "retail" price is FNA retail (not sure what else it might be, but thought i'd ask just to be sure!)?

so 20% off FNA list across the board. that doesn't stink.

thanks for the info!

doody.

3. Sodacom

Sodacom Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    GREENSBORO, NC
    Full Name:
    DAVID SODERQUIST
    Its the average from what I have found. It may very from dealer to dealer a little, but not much.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Very interesting and useful indeed. One thing worth pointing out, some shops (esp. factory ones) will not warranty parts that they didn't supply. Another way for them to extend their BS stranglehold on prices. I'm not trying to discourage individuals from using Dave's service, just keeping people aware of these things.

Personally, I say damn the "warranty" on parts and go with a shop who a) will do such things and b) you trust. For Ernie, this is clearly himself.

Thanks Dave for putting this together. Very kind.

--Dan

5. Sodacom

Sodacom Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    GREENSBORO, NC
    Full Name:
    DAVID SODERQUIST
    Glad to help.
    And yes that's kind of true on the dealer side. But I do exactly as they do on parts. If a part I sale brakes under normal conditions I will replace it. Only if it happens within one year. Just like a dealer. But if your Ferrari is under warrantee. I highly recommend using the dealer, some parts are mighty high as you all know.
    As for a independent shop working on your Ferrari there's allot of great and trustworthy ones out there. but there are a few I don't recommend due to things I have seen. Always use someone who has years.... may I stress... years of experience working on Ferrari's. Ferrari's are as you all know, like no other car.
    Cheers,
    Dave

6. Steve Darrah

Steve Darrah Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stephen C. Darrah
    Dave,
    Thanks and well done. We'll be talking when my next service comes up for my '01 550.

7. Darin3084

Darin3084 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darin McCay
    Dave, those sheets are great. Now if I could just get you to give me the parts for free, i could make a lot more money up at the shop. Maybe, just free parts for the New England winter:)
    Darin