Soon to be racing a 430 Challenge, looking for setup advice! | FerrariChat

Soon to be racing a 430 Challenge, looking for setup advice!

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by WillAsh, Jan 16, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WillAsh

WillAsh Rookie

Oct 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    William Ashmore
    Hi all,

As per the title I’d be grateful if anyone can share base setups for a 430 challenge.

Racing at Silverstone at the end of Feb and trying to get ahead of the curve as I have hardly any time for testing!

We’ll be running full slicks, the car has added aero (rear wing and front splitter). Otherwise pretty standard.

Anyone able to share some advice?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas, LVP488 and JAM1 like this.
  2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Don’t drive it up onto the trailer. Winch it.

Lucky to be you

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Il see what I can find out and get back to you. My shop just set mine up to what they referred to as their basic setup.

4. WillAsh

WillAsh Rookie

Oct 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    William Ashmore
    That would be great, thanks. I just need somewhere to start from. I’ll happily share my settings as I learn the car!

5. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Will
    As you know the set up is very track specific. Congrats on the car. I love my 430C.

Can I ask which shop is setting your car up? 430C world is pretty small it seems.

Regards
    Peter

6. WillAsh

WillAsh Rookie

Oct 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    William Ashmore
    Of course but I still need a base to work from!

7. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Another than its a PIA to get out of once in the trailer curious as to your other reasons?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Competizione in MD

9. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Excellent choice!!

10. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Greg
    I do not drive mine on for two reasons. My trailer is enclosed so with wheel well covers there is no room to open the doors and the design of the roll cage makes it almost impossible to get out for me (6'2"). But equally important with the low front splitter and my low set up I use a remote control winch so I can see the car going onto the ramp to make sure I have the angles to not have the splitter hit the ramp. It seems the parking spots are rarely perfectly flat for me so the ramp configuration can change from track to track just enough to impact load angle. I care share small sections of wood to fine tune. This is true even with a double extended ramp on my Featherlight. Some things to think about.

Texas Forever likes this.
  11. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    What tires will you be running?

12. WillAsh

WillAsh Rookie

Oct 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    William Ashmore

I’m on Goodyears which seem to be bloody great.

I went with the Ferrari Challenge Manual base setup and the 430 was flying. Had our first race at the weekend with a podium in the bag until we had a fuel issue 5 mins from the end.

13. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Set up will be very different on Goodyear's then the Pirelli. You will need to take tire temperatures to fine tune the camber settings.
    These cars are fastest when set up with packers on the bump stops but that is a very tricky adjustment and the driver needs to be very consistent. Sounds like you are really close already. Pirelli tires will take much more camber then the Goodyear or Michelin.