Sooner or later...but(Alonso)......... | FerrariChat

Sooner or later...but(Alonso).........

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Sep 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Probably not next year......Id say no deal.............yet. Too much talking going on.

Alonso will join Ferrari 'sooner or later'
    Friday 11th September 2009 - PlanetF1.com

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo says it's only a matter of time before Fernando Alonso joins the Italian marque but that doesn't mean it will be in time for next year's Championship.

Alonso has long been linked to a move to Ferrari with rumours claiming the Scuderia could make an announcement at this weekend's Italian GP, choosing the Spaniard over their own 2007 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen.

Di Montezemolo, however, refused to confirm the rumours when asked by Spanish reports at Monza, other than to say that Alonso will race for Ferrari one day.

"Sooner or later I'll make it happen. We'll see when," he said.

"For next year we have Raikkonen, Massa, Fisichella, Badoer, Gene, and I hope Michael Schumacher, so we have a bench as long as Real Madrid's.

"We have two great Champions with the 2007 Champion and the man who was 2008 Champion for 15 seconds when he crossed the line. So I think we have two extraordinary drivers.

"Having said that, I've always liked Alonso, because he is a great driver that I spotted back when he was in Minardi. He won titles, and I've always thought that sooner or later, all great drivers come to Ferrari.

"Before the race at Imola, Ayton Senna came to me and told me: 'I want to end my career with Ferrari'; Prost, Lauda, Mansell, Michael, so we'll see. We look ahead, and life is long for everyone."

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Me scratching head...

3. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    This is getting boring...one more year...one more year...one more year...

Hopefully the waiting will end with the next season.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Haha I like that comment. Champion for 15seconds!