Sorry for another MS retirement thread but... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sorry for another MS retirement thread but...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Jason Crandall, Oct 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    My error, I meant Japan 1988, the year of Senna's first WDC

2. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    I did watch the race. Did I say anything factually inaccurate.

Learn to read. Free advice. I suggest you take it.

3. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Yet again, it appears I have to simplify my comments fo rthose who have the inability to think in anything beyond a superficial fashion -

Yes, Schumacher had a spectacular drive in Brazil, a truly fitting final race for a driver of his stature.

HOWEVER, the question was if anyone else could have a drive like that on that day of the current grid.

MY POINT is that Button also had a spectacular drive. He took a car that is unquestionably inferior to the Ferrari from 14th place on the grid to 3rd.

THIS IN NO WAY DETRACTS from Schumacher's drive.

ALL THIS DOES is answer a previously posed question and recognizes that Schumacher dod not have the ONLY great drive of the day.

IT IS MY OPINION that taking an inferior car from 14th to 3rd is just as noteworthy as taking the BEST CAR on the grid form 20th to 4th.

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU????????????????

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, in 1998, Schumi passed 12 cars in the 1st lap in Japan if i recall...

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    And he wasn't in the best car, was he ?

I think Button's drive is as impressive as MS's, after all, if you remove the 'gang of 3', there are no other drivers out there that can improve their positions by 10 unless most of the folks ahead of them drop out.
    I've seen guys 'race' and pick up spots - like from 15th to 6th, or 20th to 8th, but seldom do you see a guy come from back and crack a podium - as I said - except for the gang of 3.

Give Button a little credit, will you ?

PS - sorry TWK - I posted this and then I saw your reply above. You covered it well.

6. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    No worries, bro.

I am glad I am not alone in recognizing that Button had a great drive.

It is a shame that certain people here atomatically assume a compliment for one driver's performance must automatically be an insult to Schumacher...

7. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    A great performance without question.

However most racing historians consider Senna's opening lap at Donington to be the greatest lap in F1 history. F1 Racing had a big article on this question about a year ago, I believe.

This really is a different (and perhaps even more interesting) debate.

My point was to put Schumacher's race in perspective. More than a few here it seems were ready to deem Schumi's drive the greatest race in history, from the tone going on here. He had a superb drive, as did Button. However there have been even more remarkeable drives in F1's history, including Schumacher's own history as well.

I will leave it as this: Schumacher had an excellent drive that is a fitting end to his career. Button likewise had an excellent drive that day as well. End of story.

If anyone wants to continue arguing with me, I suggest you take it to PM.

8. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Last time I checked Schumacher was down 70 seconds and Massa was ready to lap him and he finished the race only 25 seconds down, thats 45 seconds in 60 laps. He was gaining a second and a half a lap on the front row, thats amazing. Schumacher passed 5 drivers to get to fifth then another 15 to get to fourth, how does it feel to get passed by someone twice in one race. Jenson was racing an Alonso who was not racing hard at all and should have passed him easily but couldn't.

9. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Schumacher has much brighter highlights in his career then to call this his greatest race in history. It isn't and no one is saying so.

The question is whether or not Button's performance was similar to that of MS. In short, it CLEARLY wasn't.

Ask yourself where Schumacher was in relation to Button right after he had his damaged tyre replaced. He was almost a lap down on Massa and Button was not far behind Massa. Ask yourself how many laps still were to go from that point on. Than realize Schumacher finished only 4,7 seconds behind that very same Jenson Button, and admit Schumachers drive last sunday is far, far beyond Button's drive.

10. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    No he didn't. He kept up with Alonso on race pace. That's all. He didn't even have to battle all that hard to gain positions. Button did well with a car that had suprisingly good race pace. Comparing it to Schumachers performance however, is ridiculous.

If Button had a great drive, then Schumachers drive was off the chart. If you want to compare Schumacher to Button during the last GP, than the only answer is: Schumacher destroyed Button. Well into the race, he found himself almost a lap behind Button. At least for well over a minute. He finished 4,7 seconds behind Button. How can you not tell the difference between their performances? At least watch the race before you start commenting on it.

Again, watch the race.

Yes sir. It was clear enough for me the first time. You just have no idea what youre talking about. Which is fine by me by the way.

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, absolutely correct, This is the second time this year (Brazil and Monaco) that Schumacher was dead last and finished in the points. Yes Button has an inferior car but he could not even pass a conservative Alonso and would have definitely been passed by Schumacher within 3 to 5 laps.

12. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  13. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    I don't know how many times I made it clear I watched the entire race, it sounds to me like you didn't. I have been an F1 fan since before you were born so don't lecture me on racing.

Learn the English language, read my posts, and then enjoy a nice cup of STFU.

This is my last comment, my time is far too valuable to waste on the 3 of you. Discussing this race with the 3 of you is about as productive as trying to teach my toothbrush to play the piano.

14. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    So how come you fail to see that Button's performance was nowhere near close to that of Schumacher? Sure, if you don't look beyond gridposition and finishingposition, it would seem their performance would at least be comparable, but there was much more to this race than that. If you fail to notice that, it at least appears as you didn't watch the race at all. Apperantly, you watched but failed to see.

Oh, I have. Don't you worry.

Somehow I don't connect useful insight in F1 to age, so I'll lecture you if you fail to show some insight. Free of charge, but you don't have to thank me. It's my pleasure. We all love the same little game, don't we?

Even with my little knowledge of your language I know what STFU means. I'll pass on the offer however.

I hope, this time you stick with your words.

I'll be glad to pick things up right after the opening GP of 2007.

15. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005

Welcome to my ignore list, fcukwad

16. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    not quite the point. button's race went to plan...MS's didn't. As someone else pointed out...he came from almost being lapped to almost catching button AND actually overtaking kimi...

Button had a great race, MS had a great race despite all his setbacks. that's the big difference.

17. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Dude, you need anger management couselling.

It's ok to have a difference in opinion. That's the point of a forum. If you are so old and wise then why do you act like a little kid?

Just argue your point. I'm interested to hear it minus the silly insults.

Button had a great race considering he's button. Had MS done what Button did I would not be nearly as impressed. I like Button. Perhaps more than MS. But his race was not near an equal to MS's.

18. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    twk is obviously a wanna be ferrari owner and has no idea what he saw. I started reading this thread and thought I had watched another race last sunday. So I throws the tape into the vhs player and look at what happened. Its playing right now and Button was nowhere near driving like MS. Infact button moved from 14th to 10th in the first 3 laps of mahem. 2 of those positions were the 2 BMWs killing off each other off(MS had already passed them) A few laps later button passed MS because of his flat. Micheal had to start all over and much of this has been explained so I wont go back into that. But I can safely say that Button was in 6th place and only moved up to 3rd in the ramaining 61 Laps. Buttons only big move in this race was in the 29th lap when he slipped inside Kimi to pass the Mac. For anyone to even compare MSs drive to Buttons is completely absurd. Also when someone comes in here and calls someone a fu**wad after being warned just showes how inmature one is.

19. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005

Guess again, I am no wannabe, I have documented my ownership experience of a 1997 355tb on several threads. I currently own a 2004 Porsche 996TT Cabriolet and a 2006 Ford GT. You are welcome to get into your Ferrari-bodied kit car Fiero and drive down to Princeton to see for yourself.

As for your ridiculous comments:

READ MY POSTS: I never said Button's drive was better than Schumachers, I said he ALSO had an excellent drive. Where the hell does it say that complimenting another driver's performance must automatically be a criticism of Schumacher's drive. Are you blind?!?

Jesus H. Christ, is English a dead language all of a sudden?

By the way, speaking of one's inability to comprehend the written language, did you not see my request to continue this argument in PM?

20. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST SAY BOTH MICHAEL AND JENSEN HAD GREAT DRIVES AND BE DONE WITH IT ?

MOD - PLEASE LOCK THIS DAMNED THREAD.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 I am with Franco. Hey TWK how do you like the FORD GT?

22. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    That is exactly what IU have been trying to do all along. And in response I get barbed insults, insinuating that I know nothing about F1 and that I haven't watched the raceas well as jackoffs like 355 calling me a wannabe owner. From a fcuking firefighter who "claims" to own two Ferraris? What do they pay firefighters in Canada anyway?

There are simply several arseholes who are trying to pick a fight with me for whatever reason. I don't know, and frankly I don't care.

I am expressing my opinion and I am answering the original question someone else posed. If you don;t like the fact that I am not a Schumacher sycophant, then deal with it and STFU. Just because I find someone else's drive to also be noteworthy is no excuse to jump down my throat and spout off inane comments to me with the intentions of provoking a response.

I think Button had a great drive. ANYONE who goes from 14th to 4th in a GP has OBVIOUSLY done well. If you can't see that, then find another goddam sport. I NEVER said that his drive was better than Schumachers, what I said was that Schumacher's drive, while excellent, was NOT the only strong drive of the weekend. And for that, a couple of complete jerks provoke arguments with me, question my competency and understanding of F1, and insult me.

They can go to hell for all I am concerned.

23. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    +2

This thread has run its course.

Tony-

It is phenomenal, I love it! If you are ever up in the Northeast, drop me a PM and I'll let you take it for a spin.

24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Sounds Good, don't let the Schumacher nuts spoil your time on here. You know more about F1 than about 90% of the guys who seemed to have started watching F1 from 1999 and on. Owning a Sports Car doesn't equate to being a Racing Fan. Hence so many F1 Tranny Ferraris for the Wannabes....

25. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    ROFL :D

PM sent