Sourcing an Air Con ECU for 355 | FerrariChat

Sourcing an Air Con ECU for 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Rowan89, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rowan89

Rowan89 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Rowan Ridley
    Hi All,

After pulling together the right parts and making a working heater valve, it turns out that the ECU is also faulty on my friends car.

Have tried all of the usual suspects in the UK, to no avail. Found a chap with a couple of them from cars that are breaking, but he doesn't want to sell, which is a shame!

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of any second hand ones for sale in the UK, or overseas if necessary.

thanks, Rowan

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  4. Rowan89

Rowan89 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Rowan Ridley
  5. Rowan89

Rowan89 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Rowan Ridley
    Thanks - just trying to see if we can source one in the UK first of all, but will be in touch if not!

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Sorry to revive an old thread. Trying to help a friend with a 355 with a bad air con ECU as described above and linked by Daniel at Ricambi. My friend had the problem diagnosed by the local dealer, but since the part is NLA, he sourced one (I believe) from a used parts dealer....anyway he needed my help to replace it, but I was not clear on the location. Can anyone help? Based on the diagram provided on Ricambi, it appears you access by removing the trunk liner and it will be in the center or passenger side? I just don't want to tear all that apart only to find it is under the dash... ;)

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Yes, it's accessed by removing the front luggage compartment liner. Just remove the luggage liner piece which runs across the width of the car (in front of the windscreen). The location (left/right) may depend on whether your car is left or right hand drive). Don't drop those screws :rolleyes:

8. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Great, thanks, I have had that apart on my car before, as I had to replace the heater control valve motor when it failed years ago. So I know my way in there, just didn't want to dive into the wrong location. ;)

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Hugh... Just looking through some old message threads and it should be on the right hand side on your car (LHD car).

f355spider likes this.
  10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    His name is Dave. Read his profile name in full and you will get the joke ;)

f355spider likes this.
  11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks, Dave... Don't worry.. got the joke. I just assumed he wanted to keep his ID a secret, so I kept playing along. :rolleyes:

WATSON, f355spider and Dave rocks like this.
  12. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If still interested I may have one, shoot me a pm, but, I am in US, not UK

13. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well the supposed "used good" AC ECU was actually worse than the original one. :( The original had fan operation, but no heater control valve or diverter door operation. The used one had the same issues AND no fan motor operation! We are going to use the Ebay seller and have it rebuilt. The used one is going back to the parts seller...

Oh and neither AC Ecu is giving us power to the heater control valve motor...

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  15. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Qavion likes this.
  16. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Take the thing to an electronics repair service and have then solder the chips in.

17. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    You may consider keeping the used one you bought if the dealer agrees to give you a serious discount (partial refund). Then, buy the chips ($20-30) and have them both repaired as advised by "Johnk" and you will have a spare one.

18. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Will consider after my friend finds out what the turn around time is with the Ebay supplier. If they can turn it around in a couple weeks, he intends to go that way.