SPA F1 Race attendance | FerrariChat

SPA F1 Race attendance

Discussion in 'F1' started by BBM458, Jun 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BBM458

BBM458 Rookie

Dec 13, 2015
    Could someone that has attended the Spa F1 race share their thoughts on where they think the best seats are to sit and watch quali and the race? I was thinking Eau Rouge.

Also, what city do you suggest I look for a hotel? I recognize my late start in booking a room will require me to stay further away from the track.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

crinoid likes this.
  2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I think the best seats are at the top of Raidillon (Eau Rouge is the bottom of the dip, Raidillon is the top) but really there are good views from many places around the track including general admission.

For accommodation try Liege which is about an hour away. If you will have access to your own transport then you can be more flexible otherwise you'll need to check out the public transport options to and from the circuit and work back from there. Alternatively just put Spa-Francorchamps into one of the hotel booking sites and see what comes up as available for the right dates taking into account whether you want to be in a town with restaurants etc. or happy to be more remote. That is what I tend to do. Many do stay in Brussels although it is a couple of hours away.

Don't forget to take your umbrella and waterproof clothing! Surprisingly, for a circuit where it tends to rain a lot, there are not very many options for seating under cover.

Jonathan

crinoid likes this.
  3. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Just my opinion, but I also liked being seated on the Raidillon (which the website lists as Eau Rouge) but you get a view of the track from La Source through Eau Rouge and the Raidillon. I preferred being up the hill as far as possible and as low in the stand as I could get. Looks like that stand is the Gold 4 this year.

The hillside from turn 9 into Pouhon is a another place but not a grandstand.

crinoid likes this.
  4. BBM458

BBM458 Rookie

Dec 13, 2015
    Thank you for your insights and the great advice!!

5. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I went a few years back in 2012. I only went for the race, as three days would have been a bit much for my son at the time. Stayed at Hotel Cornelyshaff in Heinerscheid Luxembourg. Clean and cost effective. Sat in Gold 4 on the outside of the climb out of Eau rouge. Parking is out in a field and you get bused in. In is not too bad, out is a bit of a fiasco. Good experience overall. Just book it and show up. It is a venue not to be missed.

83 Haaptstrooss, 9753 Heinerscheid, Luxembourg

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Top of Eau Rouge or Raidillon whatever it’s called. That’s where we sat and it’s amazing!! Do it!!

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Spa is not for the faint hearted... its probably the last classic F-1 Track around. You can still walk the track and see the cars... and take in several different corners. the exit at La source is a good place - about as close as you can get to modern f-1 cars... or at the top of the hill after Kemel is good.. heavy braking and you can see them go down the hill...

Be warned if you drive - there are not a lot of roads in and out - so its a PITA.. if you stay in Stavelot or Burnville there are a few B&Bs - local hotels not anything much. you can go Liege. I've stayed in Stavelot at Le Val D'ambleve hotel.. its nice, not too far of a drive. but books up quick - lots of brits here.

8. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    I've always thought renting a motorhome and staying at the track was the way to go