Spare wheel for Huracan | FerrariChat

Spare wheel for Huracan

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by abstamaria, Mar 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Advice please.

I have a 2017 RWD Huracan, a 580-2. It had no spare wheel. It is fairly standard and has Giano 20” wheels.

I would like to buy one wheel, fit a suitable tire on it, to keep in the garage. If I damage a tire and the situation permits it, I plan to ask someone to fetch the spare wheel in the garage and bring it to the disabled Huracan, so I may replace the wheel with the damaged tire.

That doesn’t sound very practical, but where I live it may be the best option.

I plan to buy one used front Giano wheel. My question is will a front Giano wheel fit the rear? Is a Giano front wheel for an AWD Huracan identical for a 580-2?

Many thanks. Much appreciated.

Andres

2. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I am not sure the front and rears are interchangeable, you might need two.

3. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks, John. My Italia has the optional spare wheel with a space saver tire. Since that spare wheel is obviously intended to fit both front and rear, I figured that the narrower standard front wheel of a Huracan can be fitted to the rear as a get-home remedy. The calipers and rotors at the rear are smaller than those at the front, so a front wheel should clear them.

There are front wheels for sale on eBay., but usually for AWD Huracans. They are 8.5” wide too, same as for the RWD. Huracans, but I wonder if offset, etc. are identical.

4. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Great question, I am not either. I sure someone like Roy should know and help. Speaking of Roy, I would not be surprised of he had some wheels in his warehouse that would work

5. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks, John. I’m new here and don’t know Roy. Could you give me his name please?

Much obliged,

Andy

6. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Hi Andy,
    Welcome and happy to help. Roy Cats is the moderator/ sponsor on the Lamborghini portion of FChat. He is one of the most knowledgable people regarding Lambos on here. His inventory of cars is amazing and I would be surprised if he does not reach out to you in a PM. I think his email address and phone number are above but his name to send a PM to is roytoy2003.

http://www.catsexotics.com

7. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thank you very much, John. I will try to contact Roy.

Best,

Andtes