Speaker buzz | FerrariChat

Speaker buzz

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by GameMaker, May 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    So picked up my car from the detailer and I noticed my front left speaker is buzzing like crazy whenever the bass hits. This is the upgraded JBL system. Physically it looks fine, before I take it apart any ideas? It sounds like the entire door is buzzing/shaking so it makes music unlistenable (if you rock the reggae like I do).

2. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Sounds like a possible blown speaker. If so, nothing you can do besides replacing it.

3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    You didnt say which car. If it's a new car, it is possible that during assembly they left the plastic spacer supposed to protect the speaker before/during assembly... I had seen it somewhere on this forum already. If it's an old car and a new pb, then indeed, it sounds like a blown speaker as FLU suggested. Another possibility would be something loose either in the car or inside the trim (like the waterproof door card not stuck properly).

4. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I've heard this is an issue with some kind of felt or something inside. Going to have Ferrari look at it.