News

Speeding Tickets?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Murcielago03, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    Just wonderin if all you F owners get alot of speeding tickets? Any funny stories of run-ins with the police?

I live in Quebec and we're allowed to get up to a maximum of 15 demerit points then your liscense is suspended for 3 months if it happens again in the same year its 6 months if it happens a 3rd time in the same year its 2 years. With my little Acura RSX-S and my Yamaha R1 I have -36...how is that possible? 21 of those points are pending in court

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I have been driving on the "motorways" since I was 15 and racing since I was 16.
    It's freaking scary how fast you will drive while taking incredible risks to get away! I'm in double digits {11} for collisions, with 1 actuall contact with someone I wasn't driving with {woman ran a stop sign}.
    There just aren't enough police on the roads. Last summer I would wind up the Grand Am to 180 after work almost everyday, and drive fast around turns for an hour or two, just being a tool. During that time, nothing, not so much as a scare. There have been close calls, where I would slow down or take it easy and then BANG a cop would appear. But nothing even close to wreckless driving or public endangerment.
    I ran 3 times while working for ADT. Once in a 98 Taurus, Once in a 95 Civic and once in a 1999 Caravan. I ran in the Civic because I knew I had a front left headlight out. He was comming towards me and as soon as he flashed his lights, I hit it.
    Lucky for me I almost have it out of my system. I hope by next spring I can controll my urges and not make plans weeks in advance to race.