Speeding Tickets? | FerrariChat

Speeding Tickets?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Murcielago03, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    Just wonderin if all you F owners get alot of speeding tickets? Any funny stories of run-ins with the police?

I live in Quebec and we're allowed to get up to a maximum of 15 demerit points then your liscense is suspended for 3 months if it happens again in the same year its 6 months if it happens a 3rd time in the same year its 2 years. With my little Acura RSX-S and my Yamaha R1 I have -36...how is that possible? 21 of those points are pending in court

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I have been driving on the "motorways" since I was 15 and racing since I was 16.
    It's freaking scary how fast you will drive while taking incredible risks to get away! I'm in double digits {11} for collisions, with 1 actuall contact with someone I wasn't driving with {woman ran a stop sign}.
    There just aren't enough police on the roads. Last summer I would wind up the Grand Am to 180 after work almost everyday, and drive fast around turns for an hour or two, just being a tool. During that time, nothing, not so much as a scare. There have been close calls, where I would slow down or take it easy and then BANG a cop would appear. But nothing even close to wreckless driving or public endangerment.
    I ran 3 times while working for ADT. Once in a 98 Taurus, Once in a 95 Civic and once in a 1999 Caravan. I ran in the Civic because I knew I had a front left headlight out. He was comming towards me and as soon as he flashed his lights, I hit it.
    Lucky for me I almost have it out of my system. I hope by next spring I can controll my urges and not make plans weeks in advance to race.