Speeding | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speeding

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Bullfrog, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    William,

When Jeremiah said that he is "all clear" he must have meant that he's never had a speeding ticket before. He has had some insurance issues in the recent past though, and I think the license issue and subsequent reinstatement had something to do with this.

2. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    BULLFROG!! - Dude, sorry to hear of your trouble. Do what everyone is saying, GET A LAWYER!! Last ticket I got (75 in a 55 in my cherokee), I plead not guilty, and met with the jr. prosecutor. He checked my record (which was nice + clean), and knocked it down to only a $80 or $90 fine. Best of luck on fighting this!!

3. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    You didn't have that many miles over the limit. Here's what you do. Send it in "not guilty" and if there is a place to check, "Request affadavit" check it. If there is no place, include a note asking for the policeman's affadavit. The cop has to supply one in a timely manner before the trial date (dif in each state, but usually 10 days before). If he doesn't, you go to court and ask the clerk for a dismissal - it's cut and dried.

If the cop sends one, they usually use a dumb form, or simply use the ticket as the source of information. An affadavit, by law, has to include info that is additional to the ticket, so you get another shot at dismissal if it doesn't/

WHen you get to court, there is a small chance the cop doesn't show up. ALWAYS GO TO COURT. If he doesn't show up, dismissal.

If all goes bad for you up to your arrival at court - the cop is there, often the cop will offer you a plead guilty to a lesser statistic - the usually offer you 10 miles off. If you're pressed for time, take the deal. But since you took the trouble to get there, tell the cop to stuff his deal and go for the judge.

Make up a good story. Be sure to tell the judge that the cop even thought your case was weak enough for him to offer you blah blah. Smile at the cop when you say this. At the worst, the judge will give you the full mileage fine, but 50% of the time you'll get at least what the cop offered you and sometimes you even get off free.

Its worth the time.

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    I am sorry I have not posted in a while but my computer access is limited.

I really appreciate all the advise but do lawyers accept a payment plan?
    Believe me I do not mind shelling out the money to have no points on my license but I do not have it up front. My court date is on the 13th of this month so my time is short.

The suspension of my license is due to a laps in insurance. Due to my recent career change it has been some harde times and certain bills could not be paid (Insurance is 1). When your insurance drops you, you have 10 days to re-instate your insurance or your license and registration gets cancelled. As far as my driving record, it has been impeccable.

I would just like to walk away with no points. Is that possible if you just talk to the prosecutor?

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    BULLFROG - 1st plead not guilty to the ticket. The county/state will schedule a pre-trial (just a talk with a court clerk or jr. prosecutor... NOT A BIG DEAL!!). Explain your situation with the negotiator, and I'm sure he or she will knock it down to a minor fine and no points. And if the offer is not good enough for you, then you can take it further to a trial.
    The county/state DOES NOT WANT a trial!! it costs them money to have the cop show up (The cop loves to show up because he gets paid strictly overtime to go to court!!). It also clogs up the system which they also do not want. They will negotiate a fine and that's it!!
    If you're still frightened about doing this, then I'll send over my attorney from Rollem, Burnem and Smokem. He'll definitely help to calm your fears...

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
  7. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    A couple years ago I got an 84 in a 45 and running a red light (which I did NOT do), and got it knocked down to 3 points and $75 in Nassau County on LI - the lawyer got me out of it, bc it would have otherwise been 9 points and a wad of cash.

GET A LAWYER, and ask around for a good one in the area. Tell everyone where it happened and ask for suggestions.

David

8. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i'm new to america, used to live in bloomington IN earlier... i got a ticket a couple of months ago for going 40mph on a 30mph zone, at 2 am.. and i paid it :(

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    SOLVED:

http://www.ticketproblems.com/pages/about.html

This guy got me OUT OF an 85 in a 55 at 6:30 am while driving back from Watkins Glen in a 993 Turbo S. It cost me $$$ but NO POINTS! and NEVER REPORTED TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY!

Worth every penny!!

Frank is a life saver!!

Emil