Sport Exhaust for Mondial -> What's the best? | FerrariChat

Sport Exhaust for Mondial -> What's the best?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mondial_Switzerland, Jul 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    Hi community

i know, there are a lots of threads about Mondial sports exhaust in this community. i'm from europe and i'm searching a very good (loud, and tipical Ferrari Sound) sport exhaust. i'm the owner of a mondial cabriolet QV 3.0 from 1986 and i can't find this exhaust.

can you guide me a littel bit? have you links from companys and also the prices of the exhaust? i wan't buy a finished exhaust and not do it myself.

my english is not very well, sorry for that.

thank you for helping

2. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
  3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I went for a ride in Mondialtcab's car yesterday. He has Tubi and straight pipes and the car sounded AMAZING!!!

4. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Tubi and straight pipes. Mille Miglia also do a tubi style.

5. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    thank you for your first impression. whats the meaning of "straight pipes"? Mille Miglia is what? a constructor?

6. @TEM

@TEM Karting

Oct 10, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    http://www.millemiglia.com.au/

I'm considering buing a Mille Miglia exhaust for my 328 - it's a lot cheaper than the Tubi. Not sure which version to go for though - they have one that is appr 40% louder than stock and one 90% louder...

7. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    thank you, i have send a email to mille miglia.

anybody has a sportexhaust to sell for me? :)

8. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Straight pipes= no catalytic converter.
    I just put a Stebro on my 308 last night- it sounds AMAZING. They have hit or miss customer service and from what I've read can be a nightmare. My experience was good though.

I have a Stainless exhaust I bought from Italy. Not sure of the make, but is very well made. I couldn't get it on my car b/c of the mounting points, so I think it's for a euro car. I can send you pictures if you pm me your email address.... Not sure what shipping from USA is though. I bought it years ago and it's just been sitting....

9. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I Have a Nouvalri on my Mondial 8 and Mondial t, The 8 is realy realy good but the t is just stunning. When my 308 and boxer are ready i will by a Nouvalri for them both, very good quality at a good price

10. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    #10 Mondial_Switzerland, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
    @etip

thank you, i have send you a pm.

@all

yes i have contact the nouvalari. think it's not bad. will wait untill i have a answer. otherwise, anybody has a nouvalari to sell??

11. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I had a well known aftermaket exhaust, which was a work of art on my Mondial 3.2, but a couple of notes of caution. The exhaust was loud. Not too loud per se, but did have some resonance at rpms that were common in a daily drive. Can't say this satisfied my expectation, it was just not a pleasant sound. Screamed beautifully at high rpm, but that's too marrow an outcome for me. It was also very, very light weight compared with stock, and I felt some midrange punch, no doubt a freer flowing unit.

I ended up with a hyper cat, and back to the stock muffler. This gives a bit more subtle growl, a bit lower tone, maybe too subtle for some, but quite appealing to me. I would say about a 10% noise change from stock. Perfect would probably be about 20%, but few seem to wish to pay for an exhaust that has such a small difference, hence the market providing loud options as the norm.

So while I know we alll like the ferrari race bravado to be part of our F Car experience, it is not suitable for all moods. For a weekend driver, with decent country roads nearby, go for the Larini, X-ost or others that people mention, from all my investigation and hearing some 308 and 328 cars live, they all seem to be similar in sound if not quality and appearance appeal. But for a more daily driver, in city environment with infrequent full rpm opportunity, my solution feels like a practical choice.

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    You make some great points and they're the same reason I'll keep mine stock. Its "subtle growl", to me, sounds different and better than a [stock] 328.

13. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Swiss have highly restrictive sound regulations. I would get it in writing from the manufacturer that the exhaust does comply with local rules.

14. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Hello,

I have Tubi exhaust with test pipes, it's loud if you are behind but I love the sound while I drive it. I heard it with a stock exhaust and I would never go back to stock. In my opinion it sounds great.

Lino

15. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I have an X-ost on mine - previous owner installed it. It is much louder at the usual 'driving' RPMs for a droning hum as moysiuan points out. She sounds amazing in the higher RPMs - I almost don't believe the sound is coming from the car I'm driving.

That being said, my daily commute is 8 miles round trip, so I can put up with it everyday. If I had a 2 hr ride, it may get anoying.

Erik

16. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    X-ost & Hyperflows on Rachel !!! :):):)

Cheers, Hank

17. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Bingo - you won't get a better sound IMO.

18. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    Cast iron drain pipe and a pair of cherry bombs on bubba!

19. dimibo

dimibo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    the Netherlands, EU
    Full Name:
    Dion Bosch
    Absolutely right, I have a Nouvolari on my T as well, GREAT sound !

20. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    There is a post somewhere here on FChat that links to dozens of YouTube videos of 3x8s (and Mondials) organized by exhaust type. I searched for it, but could not find it. If you can find the post, that would be a great place to start just to get an idea of the different tones.

I'll search again. If I find it I'll post the link.

21. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    that is good on a 60s Chrysler 440 ;-p

22. HK Mondial

HK Mondial Karting

Mar 12, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    Hi,
    I've had a Stebro on my 85 3.0L cab for about 4 yrs ( bought on special from their ebay shop).
    Have to say it sounds like no other - awesome !
    A lot louder than the original of course, but sounds like a Ferrari should sound .
    Combined with a direct ignition system, changes the sound altogether (for the good)
    I've just bought a Stebro for my 456M as well.
    Same result !

23. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    What about homologation in ch?

I would be very surprised if the sport exhausts are homologated Switzerland.

24. Brannon

Brannon Rookie

May 28, 2009
    University Park
    Full Name:
    Brannon
    I just added a tubi exhaust to my mondial t. Here are some thoughts.
    1. If you only do the muffler it's about 20% louder throughout. There is a burble sound up to about 2000-2400rpm then a shift to the more exotic race car type scream we all seem to enjoy. There may be a power gain, but I did it while having a major done so the overall performance improvement is likely that. The tune up was excellent. The mufflers are much lighter and I would say weight about 20pounds less which probably attributes a little performance because it is completely behind the rear axle. The sound is very smooth and I think a very pleasant upgrade. I spent less than a grand by finding a used one on eBay in great shape.

25. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    first, thank you all for replay. this is not a problem. noboday says, that i will homologate the exhaust as well :)

so, if anybody has to sell me one, please make me a offer (incl. shipping) thanks