Spotters thread #4 | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Spotters thread #4

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    my wife (of all people) told me she saw a yellow Diablo at the valet at Fashion Island Monday

2. jbtrader23

jbtrader23 Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Gorgeous Yellow 550 Barchetta tonight parked in front of Jerrys Deli in Westwood. It's an amazing car in person.

3. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Red 360 spider (top down) on 405 S near Long Beach area, maybe around 3-4pm

4. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Red 360 Spider with the top down heading south on Sepulvida in Manhattan Beach.

5. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Red Mondial cab heading into the parking lot of some club on Sunset, and a Grigio Titanio 360 Spider on Doheny just north of Beverly, around 11:00.

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I U-turned to follow a red Daytona Coupe from Sunset to Rodeo Dr. @ 9:40am today.

I felt like a groupie...then proud to be Tifosi!!!

DL

7. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    While in the 308 for a Sunday morning mountain drive.

8:00 am red 360 coupe north on Topanga Canyon

9:00 am red 360 Spider on Mullholland Hwy

9:15 am green 355 Spider Mullholland Hwy (there was another Ferrari with that one but I was too busy looking at the Fiat X19's in front and behind the green 355)

9:30 am yellow 355 coupe on Devonshire St. in Northridge

8. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #308 Kevallino, Jul 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sunday from around 2:00PMish

Silver 550 or 575 in transition tunnel from PCH to Santa Monica Freeway;
    Rosso 550 or 575 in transition tunnel from PCH to Santa Monica Freeway, maybe with aftermarket exhaust;
    Black Daytona spider south bound on PCH near California Incline;
    BRG/tan 355 spider with top down southbound on PCH south of Malibu;
    Rosso Testarossa in Oxnard (!).

Plus every Boxster and half of the 996 cabs in West LA, 3 or 4 Z8's, red E-type Jag, light blue metallic Rolls Royce Corniche, yellow Cobra with white stripes, a 50's/60's Citroen, some phaeton from the '30's and a brass era monster, and some other stuff I know I've forgotten so I could be sure to remember all of the F-cars.

Had late lunch (5:30 is pretty late) at Ventura pier and then made our usual his 'n' hers stop in Woodland Hills (Whole Foods/Auto Gallery) and took the shots of the TDF blue 2004 360 spider 6-speed sitting in front of the showroom. Have not been a big 360 spider fan but seeing this car I am willing to learn!! Interior is awesome with the Daytona seats and blue stitching.

We were in the 380SL today - any of these any of y'all??

Cheers
    Kevin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    Went back to Malibu yesterday afternoon...

101 north - green 360 Modena Spider
    101 south - yellow 360 Modena Coupe
    Kannan Rd. north - red 360 Modena Coupe
    Kannan Rd. north - red Testarossa
    Kannan Rd. south - red 355 Spider
    PCH north - black Mondial T cab.

10. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    I think what you guys were seeing on Sunday was the Bastille Day run from our group (checker flag 200). We left the Petersen around 10:30AM and headed out to PCH. PCH past Pt Magu and backtracked trough the mountains and ended up at a private home at Kanan & PCH. We are a support group for the Petersen Auto Museum and do a number of driving events as well social and fun raising things. We had everything from a 1908 brass car to a new Carrera GT. Full range of F cars and everything between.

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Love the inteior of that 360 Kevin - Nice!!

12. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    that was me and my buddy in the green 248 flowing the x19 the Red 355 spyder was behind me and we went up to oxnard and canarello.

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thought you might - it looks really good and the contrasting stitching is subtle and looks classy. Note that the car is a 6 speed as well which I thought was great. I checked their website and it says the car has 48 miles. I really need to go back and get the S/N for my "personal database" so I can find it again when I have an extra quarter-mil laying around. They had another blue 360, (Pozzi) with a tan interior but I reckon the crema is way nicer.

I saw a green 355 but no 248 on Sunday. We do that drive pretty often though just to get out of the city - be fun to hook up sometime and do the back way through Moorpark etc up to Santa Barbara. I have been going down to CC early on Saturdays but could change up and go out Woodland Hills way sometimes. Schedule permitting I am planning to get a good run in every weekend. Early is great as I can go play for a couple hours and get home just as the wifey is about ready for brunch!!

Cheers
    Kevin

14. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yesterday was my birthday, so I went out with the wife and some friends to dinner at KOI on La Cienega.. Guess what was in store for us. A silver McLaren F1. Parked right outside! Owner was having dinner in there. What an awesome car.

Just the previous night, we were drining home from dinner and the store on South Robertson had a red Enzo. So we stopped to take a look.

BTW, the wife prefers the McLaren. Its hard to argue with her. :)

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You know me - A sucker for crema. But yes, that is a great car & I really like it.

I am guessing that when I have a quarter of a mil lying around, I can buy 10 of them! Cars won't even be using gas by then....

16. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    "Silver" (might have been grigio alloy) 360 spider top-down "behind the gates" in Rolling Hills ~5:30pm. I was in the red car. We met at a stop sign, I waved hello, he waved back. Beauty car! Made me happy :)

Also saw a Maser Coupe earlier in the day. Can't remember where I was for some reason. I got happy and tried to wave. My friend thought I was wierd. Some people...

[I guess the Spotter's #5 kinda died eh? I guess this way we have a super huge archive of all spottings in one place.]

17. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Dark blue/tan F355 spider top down headed north on 110. Later red/tan 550 w/ Scuderia shields on 405 South near Crenshaw exit in Torrance. Both around 2-2:30ish today.

18. ourobos

ourobos Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Actually, the McLaren IS a better car. Even though I love Ferrari and the McLaren is 10 years old. The way that car was built was utterly amazing.