Spotter's thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Spotter's thread

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Tifosi1, May 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    3 Vipers and a red Ford GT, today, in Biloxi and Gulfport.

2. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    Bentley Arnage on Jefferson Hwy turning on to Stumberg (Baton Rouge near airline). Friend said he was behind an Azure the other day.

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yellow Gallardo and Black Ford GT in front of Republic on South Peters last night.

4. thekidd

thekidd Rookie

May 22, 2006
    Louisiana
    happened to see a white ford gt with blue stripes on the side of hwy 90 by new iberia being put on a tow truck today

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's really the most common place to spot a FGT!!! :D:D (a tow truck that is, not New Iberia!)

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hmm, seems like there have been quite a few FGTs spotted recently. I can't really figure out why they would be seen all of a sudden.

Red
    Black
    White
    Dark Blue

All very recent.

7. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    'Cuz you can pick up a low mileage used FGT for $10-$15K. :D They usually cover more mileage going up and down on shop racks and wreckers than actually being driven! :D

Dave

8. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Gez Dave- being a bit harsh on the ol' Ford aren't we?

9. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Who, me? :D

10. thekidd

thekidd Rookie

May 22, 2006
    Louisiana
    I dont know. as much as I boycott the ford less effective more efficient brand, the f gt is pretty damn impressive. but, amen for the gmc tow truck.

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    SILVER SLR MCLAREN!!!

Driving by Republic on S. Peters Thursday night. Who owns this? I didn't think there was one in the area :)

12. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's Al Copeland.

13. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Wow, nice spot! I've never seen one in person.

Nothing much today, just a 2005 black viper hanging off of a vehicle transporter in Gulfport on I-10.

14. thekidd

thekidd Rookie

May 22, 2006
    Louisiana
    i was over at the mercesdes place in lafayette ( Moss Motors ) not too long ago and they had and SLR in the showroom. it was pretty awesome. it had been ordered by someone in louisiana and it was waiting to be picked up.

and if any of yall like porsches, i went and picked up a friend of mines porsche turbo s after gettin serviced at brian harris porsche dealership here in baton rouge, and they have a bad ass silver carrera GT in the show room.

15. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Copeland had one parked at his house next to a bentley last Christmas

16. megahurts4

megahurts4 Rookie

Apr 27, 2004
    Metairie, LA
    Full Name:
    Billy Burke
    I'd just recently heard that the Hornet's coach's son owns one and that he is quite the party man.

17. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This makes sense because it was rather late when I spotted the car!

18. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    Actually I think it's the son of Hornets owner George Shinn, Chad and from what I understand he is quite the party guy. That said if he is anything like his his father he is a clueless, hillbilly, jackarse.

19. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    #119 FastLapp, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw an interesting car today in my neighborhood. It was called a "Sebring." I talked to the a woman who lived in the house; she said it was built in the '70s and only 2,000 were made. She couldn't remember who made it. The car's whole roof opened up instead of having doors, just like the maserati bridcage (pic attached).

I had always seen it under a car tarp, and guessed it as some kind of 70s corvette, but knew that wasn't right. Does anybody have any other information on this car? All google brought up was chrysler sebring and the 12 hours of sebring.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    #120 gerard.hansen, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was a VW based kit car. I know where another one is located in Meridian MS http://www.nationalsterling.org/

"The Sterling goes by several names and has moved though several incarnations. The first and original design from the early 70s was called the Nova. When the car was to be sold in the US by California Component Cars, they had to rename it as Chevrolet already had a model called the Nova, so it was re-named the Sterling but the design was kept intact. The design of the car stayed the same until a Mid 80s version called the Sebring was released, although that design was short lived. One neat thing about the Sebring was that it had more headroom with a raised roofline, although it changed the lines of the car. The Sebring also had a different nose and taillights, as well as incorporating pop-up headlights that were now being featured on the original design Sterling as well."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    Silver Elise on Bluebonnet near Mall of Louisiana.

22. Greg Z

Greg Z Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Full Name:
    Gregory L. Zelinski
    That sucks, I was just next door a couple of weeks ago buying my wife an 928 S4 that a guy had in the back of Brian Harris BMW. I meant to wonder over to the PORSCHE side and forgot, would have loved to see a CGT in person.

23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Maroon Quattroporte

24. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Black 328 in Laplace.

And it wasn't mine.

I heard an employee at a tattoo parlor bought it. ?????

25. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Oh sure Paul, we all know about your new passion! ;)