Spring 05 Spotted | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Spring 05 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    So Spike, which F430 did you buy?

Saw a red 348 Monday night on Lake-Cook road in Buffalo Grove going west around 9:30 pm. I have seen this car before and it looks great. Would love to tell the owner about FOC gatherings.

RocketBoy

2. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    The same silver one they had at the autoshow? The grey interior on that car was interesting but reminded my too much of my current car, lol. Definatly would not want that in a ferrari. The seats were comfy though! It probably was not the same car. What color is the interior of the one they have now?

-mike

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    No... this was not that wimpy silver one at the auto show. This was much darker, a titanium color... VERY cool!

4. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    NICE!!!
    perhaps i will will take a ride....

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Red/Black 348 Spider just after 5:00PM this Evening turning into 'Costas' Greek Restaraunt in Oakbrook Terrace. Looked like Brand new...was all wet and stuff....ooooooo!....:)

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Black 355B north 94 @ Lake street around noontime

7. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Red 360 with challenge grill on the highway near WInnetka.

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Black SL65 stuck on the side of the road trying to turn left over 4 lanes of heavy traffic yesterday in Arlington Heights. Thought it would never make it then the car's over 600 HP exploded and he made it through the narrow gaps with ease... though the car doesn't look much different in that color compared to the other SL models.

RocketBoy

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Red, 348 TS turning on to Industrial Dr. off of NW highway in Palatine, at 9:15 am 4/27/05.

Might have been the 348 that Exotic Car Share has? Also saw a Roller Shadow in about the same location later in the day.

Why was I up so early.........?? I don't know!!

10. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I saw a ratty looking gold (!) 308 GTSi SB on I-55 with the plate 666 (!!).

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No wonder YOU saw that car: As a lawyer you sold your soul a long time ago, harharhar.

12. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Hehe - Actually I'm one of the good guy lawyers. :) I'd be like Skywalker while most are like Vader...

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Use the fork, Dan-akin. Use the fork.

14. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Went with a friend to the AMG reception @ Paulwaukee airport....

black SLR (could not get in it)
    SL65
    CLR-GTR
    Maybach (a REALLY expensive Lazy-boy)
    CLK65
    etc....

also, a Yellow Murcie on the way home!

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh,so that must mean that you aren't a Divorce Attorney!....:) I'd like to line 'em all up,and......(If you've been through a Divorce,you KNOW what I'm talking about....:( )

(BTW....Just kidding there,Don! My Wife's Cousin is an Entertainment Lawyer,(also a "Good Guy" Attorney). She is helping me with all of the ideas that I have,that need to be Registered,Trademarked,ETC.....So that no one can Rip 'Em off!......:) )

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since you guys make Merc-SLR worth spotting: There is one parked outside my building every day. It is there to attract people for a lottery. It looks nice, but I think red is reserved for a different brand of vehicles...

17. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Andreas,

It costs over $500K, Kimi and DC have one, and if we raced it on the track we would need all our Fchat brothers in the game just to block it, (leaving Chuck in his zippy Maser to take the lead.) Based on price, performance, and the connection to F1 I think it belongs as a mentionable spot. However, it is one of the few cars that doesn't really strike you in person as much as it does in pictures. There has been one at a dealer in the burbs that has been sitting around for nearly 4 months now. In the same room, a few SL65s have arrived and left with no wait. Like the Porsche CGT, ( a car that looks amazing IMO ) I would like to see where the prices of these monsters are in two to four years.

RocketBoy

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No offense Rocketboy. You know I'm a snob when it comes to non Ferrari related. I didn't even look over when we drove by the Maser factory in Maranello and Karen asked what building that was. Nor did I even look at the Lambo factory as well, but stopped at every boutique with a horse in the window. Just very narrow minded.
    :)

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    No divorce for me! Most unpleasant. They're trying to sanitize it now - now it's called "Family Law". No criminal or personal injury. I just represent nice clean prominent local businesses in contract matters and commercial litigation. :)

20. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I am not offended. Your behavior is called loyalty and made up from passion...

Its just that I learned to be more open minded the hard way when driving in a Ferrari powered Maser Spyder my Dad in his 4 door E55 flew by me like I was driving the car pictured in your profile.

However, I'd rather be more narrow minded as well because when Ferrari does win the "I told you so" type feelings feel much more earned. Besides, if we load up more Fcar spots perhaps awareness and participation in FOC and Fchat drives will increase. DaveB's sleek and sexy Boxer doesn't deserve to be tail rode by some "I saw a real tricked out NSX with NOS my friend drives, can I invite him out?" type car.

Though it will probably decrease the spots thread, I will try to stick to Fcars with the occasional mentioning of a $300,000 car spot.

RocketBoy

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Dave for your kind words.

A friend of mine from FL has a car collection to die for and I have a standing invitation to come down and drive them all yet I ignore him because there is no cavallino in there. The day he gets a 308 GT4 I'm on a plane down there. Oh and he keeps telling me about the open minded thing all the time...

22. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The SLR has an automatic transmission.

It's a sports car for people who hate sports cars.

23. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    dark grey 308 on greenwood and dempster.

-mike

24. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    OK, so they're not Ferraris but uncommon enough to be noteworthy: I was out in Palos Hills (I think---it was one of the Palos suburbs) and I saw a red Lamborghini Jalpa at a garage on Southwest Highway. Moments later I saw a black Lotus Esprit. I didn't realize the southwest burbs were a hotbed of exotics.

25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    One dark blue Spyder with Vintage pack parked on Ontario near the Rock and Rolls McDonald's, on a small drive to what I think is Chicago's newest high end tuner or exotic dealer.

Silver color coupe zipping on the hilly and twisty rt. 31 in Algonquin.

RocketBoy