Steve Alghrim in Ft. Lauderdale.... | FerrariChat

Steve Alghrim in Ft. Lauderdale....

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Nov 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    #1 spirot, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All, Just got back from Palm Beach and while there went down to see our ole friend Steve at Motorcar Gallery. Steve is doing well, and send's his regards to all back in the ATL....
    Here are a few pics of cars he had "laying around" - for what ever reason I did not get a pic of Steve! - All of his cars were low mileage - original or somewhat restored cars... several Dino's & Daytona's.... couple of BMW M-1's which Is about the most I have seen in one place ever!

Oh yea, the last pic is my "ride" while in Palm Beach area.... the company would not spring for a 360 spider... so had to go to the dark side....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Thanks for the news Tom, glad to hear that about Steve - he is a great guy!

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I plan to visit the gallery during my annual extended trip to south Florida late next month. With my luck, Steve will be up here visiting family while I am down there! (That's the way it always seems to happen with Tim Stanford.....)

4. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    The new location is a nice bump up for the boys. God for them! Palm Beach suits you!

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Gotta love PB... we were shopping on Worth Ave, so I popped into Torneau - they were literally just re opening their Rolex Show room... champagne etc... nothing like a glass of bubbly while trying on watches!!!! as for living there... I think the humidity would curl my hair to much! (Not to mention drying up my wallet!)

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I was there a few years back when Marc Sonnery was there with Steve and they had a fabulous Lamborghini Jarama and a blue Lancia Stratos!

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Guess what - Jarama is there now... no stratos...but great looking Mangusta's too.

8. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    should look familiar to everyone. They use to live in Atlanta.

9. jdowling

jdowling Karting

Oct 4, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jack Dowling
    And I traded both of them for a 1972 Ferrari Daytona!

Jack

10. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Have any pics of the M1s?

11. Steve Ahlgrim

Steve Ahlgrim Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Steve Ahlgrim
    Hi everybody.

Tom, thanks for stopping by, it made my week. This is a forty year old dealership and we have lots of regular but seeing real friends is the best. Cool Porsche but be careful the devil doesn't pull you to the other side.

Jack we actually have three Mangustas on the floor and one on a truck that was just traded on a flares and chairs Dino. That will make four in stock. Four seems to be a lucky number for us. We also have four Maserati Boras, four Bentleys, and until last week had four Dinos. I hope the Daytona is working well for you. I've been up for a couple of the Cars and Coffee shows and keep watching you.

Josh, we had three M1's but one sold last week. We've owned 20 of the 450. We have pictures of the remaining cars at motorcargallery.com

Jim, I'll watch for you at the end of December. Bring your camera... oh wait, I forgot, you don't go anywhere without your camera. Call me (678 361-7997) before you come over and I'll make sure you have the run of the place if I'm not there.

Any of you folks making down to South Florida have an open invitation to stop by. We're in downtown Fort Lauderdale, minutes from the beach, airport, and cruise ship port. We specialize in vintage exotics so you won't see the spiffy rides Will sports, but I guarantee we'll have something you'll want your picture.

and Will my friend, the locals tell me there's 50% more fish here since you moved north.

Regards to everyone,

Steve
    Motorcar Gallery
    Fort Lauderdale

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Miss you Steve!

Glad things are going great for you down there!

13. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    Steve,
    Miss having you in the 'hood and haven't even received your AutoWeek in my mailbox for sometime! Glad to see you're now "President" of my company, addressed to my location. I filled out all the credit apps that have your name on them (as Pres. of the company), so you'll be getting some bills to pay in the future.
    Your neighbor.

(for readers - we share the same street number, one block parallel to each other)