Storage? | FerrariChat

Storage?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by ChicagoFerrari, Dec 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    With the nice weather we have had I only decided today that the car needs to go to storage. I had it at LFSC last year and just called and they are full. Apparently a new but smaller storage facility than last year. Anyone have any other places for storage on the North Side of Chicago?

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I took their last spot...

3. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I know, I just keyed it ;-)

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Are you near any high rises? Might be able to wander into the lobby and see on the bulletin board if there are any spots for rent or check craigslist. I may actually be doing the same.

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I wondered who would do that........

6. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Karting

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Bluff, IL
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Knauz in Lake Bluff has a nice dedicated storage facility. I have a car stored there this winter.

7. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Thanks for the ideas. And Absent, of course I was joking. Isn't that all of our nightmares?

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    So was I....
    ....not about the last spot though, truly got the last one according to Drexel.

9. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There is a self storage space behind wildfire in lincolnshire. I used to store a couple of cars there. You can get heated storage. Long ago, I used to store at Last Detail (did that for a few years). If you are in Chicago, there was a forum member with two spots just west of the loop that were enclosed. Not sure of status. I looked at the spots. Good guy. Nice spots. Easy in and out. I can dig out info if yo are interested.

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Another place to check is the monthly's at spothero.com

11. farrbar

farrbar Karting

Sep 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    I could possibly take one more car, either west loop or Glenview. However, you wouldn't have 24/7 in and out (might be blocked by another car). Would simply have to pre-arrange access. Heated and secure.

12. mgent

mgent Karting

May 17, 2007
    Knauz has been full for awhile... I called in November and they were full, then got the 4th from last at LFSC... Knauz lost a lot of space when they took on Sprinter, as they store their inventory there - they actually tried to contract with LFSC for extra space... Not sure of others in the area, as I had previously used some extra spots we had downtown...

13. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I know of a garaged spot (covered, but open air) around Clark and Roosevelt if anyone is interested. $200 through March 8th.