Stradale Problem | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Stradale Problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by GWat, Jul 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i sent you a PM.

2. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    I believe the cars either have the problem or do not. I don't think it develops over time, mine had it from day one - whimpered to life before, now fires up with an authoritative roar like a proper Ferrari. :)

3. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    It looks like Rick sent you the info you need - if you need any more help let me know.

4. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal

Thank you Rick and Bumboola for the info--I talked to Chris directly and took care of it right away. However, there's something I want to tell you guys.

Rick and Bumboola:

I went to the dealer and got the ECU's reflashed at FNA. I just got the car back today. However, I was NOT able to tell a significant difference in the car--except it fired up as soon as I hit the START button. Should the car "drive" differently now that I have the ECU's reflashed? Or am I asking for too much?

Anyway, perhaps more importantly, the car was driven for 20 miles without my knowledge and permission. When I asked the technician (the service department was closed at the time and he was leaving), he said they "probably drove it to 'reset' the ECU's." I was like WTF! This is really pissing me off. What should I do in this situation? I don't know who exactly drove it--furthermore, even if I did, what can I do? I feel somewhat violated/cheated. If it's the technician, I will kick his ass. Please help me guys. I think the dealer has taken advantage of my absence and inexperience in the exotic car world etc.

5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Wow, 20 miles :( I think you should sue them ASAP. Then before you go to court settle on a $10,000 US discount on a new 430. They will jump at your offer...;)

6. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

Dude...relax...they fixed the car. I think the tech has plenty of Ferraris around if he want to joy ride.

If he took twenty minutes to make sure it's right be thankful. The dealer I worked with did less and that meant a return to do it again. Twice.

7. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    your sense of humor amazes me.

8. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Baasha.

20 miles is about right, I believe it takes about 20 minutes of driving to reset them. I wouldn't worry about it. As far as the car driving differently, not around town, only at full throttle from the mid through high rpms. The car definitely feels more "torquey" and pulls harder.

BTW, when I bought my first Ferrari in '97, a new 355 Spider, I befriended a guy that worked at the dealership that took out their demo 355 AND customer cars (without permission of course) dozens of times after they had closed - he had the keys to the place - and we used to race the cars in the middle of the night down the highways HARD. The owner finally got hold of a report from the alarm company showing all entry and exit times and canned him on the spot.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seeing as this is an authorized dealer I wouldn't worry about it. They wouldn't risk their reputation on their mechanics taking cars out for joy rides. If you make a fuss over it you may find mysterious problems down the road. Just like when you complain at a restaurant and you wind up getting the "sneezer" special ;)

10. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

Ha! Good one.

11. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal

Haha. You're right. I don't want to tick the technician off too much I guess. But he isn't too friendly anyway--so fuk him. LOL. Yea, I asked him and the service manager today and they did indeed drive the car to reset it. I was getting my panties into a bunch I guess. Now it's cool. Thanks for the helpful comments Bumboola and Rick.