Stripes Hysteria | FerrariChat

Stripes Hysteria

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Full disclosure - I'm not a stripes fan. Not on vintage race cars, not on modern special series cars, not on anything. Of course, anyone should buy their car how they want them, but I like clean liveries. That's just me. Still, I understand why certain cars (by certain, I mean I can count them on one hand) are ordered with stripes (i.e. 458 Speciale, 488 Pista, etc.). But, what is with this striping hysteria? It seems like more and more Ferrari's are ordered with them. I'm absolutely certain that these cars will become difficult to unload. They're generally garish and look silly. I do give Ferrari credit, however. They have skillfully convinced a lot of people that paying a crazy premium for these stripes is a wise move. I'd love to hear thoughts from all sides.

2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Ferrari has mastered the Porsche art of milking every penny they can out of the deal. Then they squeeze some more with Classiche! :)

I don't mind stripes so much. I personally wouldn't get them unless it was a vintage car and they were correct. if I got a Speciale or Pista I'd go for a stealth approach and not get them. My friend has a fighter jet grey Speciale with zero stripes or graphics and it was mind blowing.

I do think it's great people are customizing and getting their Ferrari the way they want. For years it's been the one marque they has been known as being too uptight about originality. I can't wait to people start adopting the "Outlaw" culture and start pushing the envelope. Sitting around a parking lot discussing who has the most "correct" 488 isn't my cup of tea.

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I love stripes on just about anything. Had some killer silver vinyl on my 2008 Scion xD (the car was Barcelona Red Metallic). It is a fun way to pretend you are driving a race car.

BT

Julia and Texas Forever like this.
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    To me it depends on the car . I do like stripes on many cars but i only like them factory painted I have a scuderia and to me that car just has to have stripes others I don't care for but a Pista with stripes just seems right. I have an old 97 blue viper GTS that car with anything but white stripes just does not seem right . SO I like stripes ok but don't really care for add on vinyl stripes...

Shark01 likes this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    In the end, to each their own, of course. But to me, they look silly, and not just on modern Ferrari road going cars. Even vintage race cars were only liveried for races. All the stripes, numbers and garish dots were strictly applied for race identification. They weren't applied at the factory during production.

6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Every one likes to think that their car is special, so they need stripes to draw attention to it.

I used to hate them, but they’ve grown on me, esp, the Scud.
    But sometimes they do look like you’re trying too hard.

LARRYH likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fxx shld have stripes. no others ferraris shld

Makuono and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I've considered Scud stripes on my 360....cuz I have a paint blemish that they would cover quite nicely :D.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    A Challenge Stradale must have THE stripe, even if it is a decal.

It also needs to be Rosso Scuderia in color.

LARRYH likes this.
  10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Pretty much.

IMO stripes should only go on the special editions.
    CS stripes are the best.
    Specialle next best.
    430 Scud and Pista the worst but still necessary.

Texas Forever likes this.