Super Car with proper 4-seats -URUS ?? | FerrariChat

Super Car with proper 4-seats -URUS ??

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Jan 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I think each and everyone of us who has kids would love to have a true super car w full 4-seater... for me the FF or the GTC is the car, but not everyone like the FF or the GTC.... will the URUS be the true super car with 4-seater ? Will people like it more than the FF and GTC ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    This is a joke; right!?

3. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    A joke ??? Why ? I am just asking ... they are trying to present it as a super car and I am just asking if you consider it a super car

4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I consider it an Audi wearing an Italian suit

j09333, deltona and 350MH83 like this.
  5. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    ....or an overpriced Cayenne Turbo. The FF/Lusso is not a platform shared with any other car and creates its own unique place in the market.

yamashek likes this.
  6. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Exactly

7. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    True

8. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Because an SUV is never a sportscar.
    The Urus is a design nightmare. It does not look right from any angle.
    One of the best examples to let your surroundings know you have more money than taste.
    Buy a Cayenne Turbo for half the money and same ride.
    Or buy an M5 or E63s if you want a 4 door sportscar.
    Not mentioning the GTC as that stands alone when it comes to a great marriage between space and sportscar.

yamashek, Caeruleus11 and 350MH83 like this.
  9. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    agreed

10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    For me, four doors is better for a four seater than 2 doors.
    That’s one of my criticisms against the FF Lusso models.

An SUV should have 4 doors. I like the Tesla SUV. If you’ve never seen one you should. I don’t think has a dual motor. Not yet but it it did, it would be faster than any ICE.

11. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'd rather have a high performance sedan than a super SUV. And for a 2+2, there is no beating the FF/Lusso.

Jordan68 likes this.
  12. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    The Urus (and all the other Audi Q7 based SUVs) just reeks of being a cash grab.

Whether you hate the FF/Lusso or love it, at least it has its own platform.

13. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I have an FF since 2015 and I love it... in my opinion it cannot be even compared w URUS it's in a very different category as u wrote

stavura and G. Pepper like this.
  14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    @MalibuGuy The Model X can be had in a "D" variant and it can be quite fast in a straight line. I have a very low opinion on the styling though, I think it looks like a badly proportioned bubble. On the other side, I think the Model S is handsome and overall styling is well done.

I don't think if a car shares a platform it all of a sudden makes it bad. In the future the new Ferraris will share a similar platform.

But in the case of the Urus, it just looks too much like what it is underneath- a SUV designed by another company, and then with some Lamborghini cladding on top. Very much the same for the interior. I think this goes to the platform sharing comment- its not a problem when you can disguise it effectively. But, at least to my eyes, they did not achieve this with the Urus. I am sure it drives well, but the thing about a very high end luxury or sports car, it has to capture your imagination. The fact that it looks like a love child of an Audi and a Huracan just shatters that possibility for me.

15. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Wait for the new Rolls SUV. That thing is going to be a wrecker ;)

Will have it's own platform (well, shared with the new Phantom, but not a bad one to share with!)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    The URUS will sell by the thousand. It's got little to do with how capable it is, it's about being seen in. Much like the Bentayga.

It'll be half the price of a GTC4Lusso. You won't have to buy "less desirable" lambo's to be able to order one and you'll be able to get one a few months after you order it most likely. Realistically they are not even in the same market.

My daily driver is a 2017 Audi S6 Avant. Same basic engine as the Urus. I'd not spend an extra £100K to buy the Urus over an S6 (which incidentally I preferred to the RS6 as a daily - much more comfortable).

However I want an FF (or F12) they are something a bit special have a V12 engine and there's really nothing else like them on the road other than other Ferrari's.

The URUS is for Lambo what the Cayenne was for Porsche. It'll probably outsell every other model they make combined but will allow them to continue to build bonkers supercars if that's you're bag. I don't particularly like Lambos (other than the Miura or later Miura concepts) but I like the fact they exist.

It'll be interesting to see where Ferrari go with their idea of an FUV.

Jordan68 and G. Pepper like this.
  17. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The F12/812 is my favorite current Ferrari model, but I'd really rather have an FF/Lusso. I think it's the first real daily driver Ferrari has ever made. The 612/456 and previous were GT cars by the original grand touring definition; touring in grand style - a special event. An FF is so docile and practical you can really do the grandest of tours every day running errands - not an event, per se.

I wonder where the FUV will be priced. That is the biggest mystery for me. Above or below the Cali?

18. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Bentaygas are not selling. Dealership are stocked with them. They are holding multiples of them at the port trying not to flood the market. They drop like a rock in value.

With that said, they are an absolutely amazing vehicle to drive.

They just need to get the price point down a bit.

PhantomCypher, dustman, 21ATS and 2 others like this.
  19. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    At a guess I'd say it's going to be Portofino/Cayenne Turbo/Urus/Bentayga money. Any more than that would simply be daft.

In the UK that'll be circa £150k before options.

Caeruleus11 and G. Pepper like this.
  20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I hope you're right! Now that it's revealed that it will be a hybrid V8 with no V12 option, I think we can at least rule out a Lusso V12 price tag.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S Hybrid I'd like if I moved people about often. Bonkers power, loads of space, and better looking than the sedan.

But since I don't. V12 Lusso all day.

Sonicsound, G. Pepper and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    I hate SUVs in general, but they serve a purpose and do it well. Having said that, I love the G Wagen and especially the 4x4squared version and the Urus precisely because they stand out. If you must drive a truck, might as well be something different. I love what I’ve seen from the Urus inside and out and hope the performance can live up. It’s so over the top that it’s like a giant middle finger to convention. I’m not a standout guy and could never drive a Huracan, but I’m just quirky enough that I’d buy a Urus if I could. The 100k premium over a Cayenne would be worth every penny. But, no, it is not a supercar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jordan68 likes this.
  23. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    While my Tesla X P100D, necessary with 3 kids for daily work, is definitely not the most handsome SUV (I much prefer my RR Autobiography that I traded in for the Tesla), I challenge any Hi Po SUV and 99% of supercars to match it's overtaking speed at 60-80mph. I experienced this again last week on a country trip just after I had driven my TDF and I remain astonished at the Tesla's warp speed with 5 people and luggage on board. Amazingly fast and capable as a daily (but not a looker..)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    IF Ferrari people decide to build a crossover, it won't be a traditional SUV. Perhaps it won't have 5 doors, or it could have small "suicide" back doors. It will surely be slick.
    Regarding the Tesla, performance is much more than 0-50 mph...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Suicide doors and V8 hybrid have already been confirmed for the FUV.

Caeruleus11 likes this.