Supercharged QV Dyno results | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Supercharged QV Dyno results

Discussion in '308/328' started by mk e, Jul 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I'm usually not one for exuberant external coachwork mods, but if it's to clear your 871 blower, I think that might be OK ;)

2. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Haha, not ultra-wide, just a little wide :)

Is that the actual color or a digital camera problem with reds?
    I only noticed the blower belongs to the car after a while, I thought it was something parked behind the 308. Cool! Like the Matchbox muscle cars I had when young, only the blower was always at the front back then of course.

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Bert,
    The actual color is corsa, the pic makes it look sort of magenta.

Regards,
    Bill

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Bert,
    The actual color is corsa, the pic makes it look sort of magenta.

Regards,
    Bill

5. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Russ, I got the throttle response where it should be now. A 45% enchichment down low tapering to 6% up top did the trick....it really likes fuel.

.....the plugs on the other hand don't seem too. I've got NGK BPR9ES plugs in it, 2 heat ranges colder than stock to deal with the heat of the boost at full power, and they still seem a touch hot. But, with for normal low power driving the mixture really needs to be right or they foul. I think I've got it pretty cloes now...although I guess the other option is just not to drive at low power :)

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Wow! Sounds really cool - interesting how you can program an 'accel pump'. I'm working with Philip on my more pedestrian carb float/seat problem of a bit of a miss under hard sustained G - also seems to be helped by keeping power on. :)

Will have to work my way back to DC and come see your terrific machine for myself! Again, very impressive!!
    best
    rt

7. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Ah,..the famous 308 GTS 'Periscopo'...

8. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I believe the "Magenta/Pink" car is Bill Pound's.

Bill is a cranky ****** but certainly knows his stuff.

Mark, I just found this thread. Echo the praise for your tenacity and progress. Would you do it all again?
    Philip

9. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Thanks and good question. I would definitely do a supercharger again, to me it really improves the whole experience of driving the car. I don't know if after having already having 360-370 hp I would bother doing a new set-up to get to the 500+ mark. There was a huge difference going from 235 to 370, but a much smaller gain from 370 to 520. The car is very fun now, it just explodes forward when you get on the throttle, but it's hard to drive and care is always required.

I'm still having a few little problems that need resolution. Rigth now it's keeping the intake sealed to the heads. I need to pull it off tonight and have a look. I think the torque of the blower may be flexing the manifold a bit. I thing I'm going to add a torque strap and see how it goes.