Superperformance UK | FerrariChat

Superperformance UK

Discussion in '308/328' started by PenP, Feb 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Just wanted to throw out a well-deserved compliment for a company that does a lot business with F-Chatters.

And it's a weird compliment because it is inspired by a mistake they made on an order. It was an important order because it had timing and season implications, implications that the store was very knowing and empathetic about.

And they went out of their way to make right on this mistake and I think it deserves recognition, especially in an era when companies screw up and take no responsibility whatsoever. To be honest, my heart goes out to all the shops that sell goods and/or services to the likes of us: we're a demanding, typically impatient bunch that includes a higher-than-average percentage (per capita) of out and out a-holes. The other side of the coin is that there are indeed some stores/shops that don't deserve our loyalty or patience –*or business. But I am grateful for the good guys that are out there for us – it's got to be a frequently thankless task. So here it goes: thank you, Superperformance.

2. adamae82

adamae82 Karting

Nov 22, 2011
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Al Peralta
    +1. Service and communication could have never been better.

3. tomoshea

tomoshea Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Tom O'Shea
    +1, prepared to accept if they get it wrong and rectify - Decent bunch of people

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yep, me too. I've always had great experiences dealing with them!! Some of the fastest shipping on the planet!

SDDubbya likes this.
  5. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Agree + 1000. Have shipped more than a dozen things from them to Maryland. Insanely fast and very fair. Great to deal with.

6. Fairview

Fairview Formula 3

Mar 16, 2009
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ward
    This is well-deserved praise for Superformance. They have taken really good care of me.

And don't be afraid of the shipping times from England. If it is a larger order, they send by Parcel Force which is very quick to the US. In fact, I ordered from Superformance on a Thursday, and the package arrived (to Virginia) the following Monday. And for you Anglophiles, the postage stamps and stickers are fascinating.

Kathryn and I are taking our girls to England in June- maybe we'll look them up and thank them in person.

Jeff

7. scorpion

scorpion Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Kentucky
    Except for minor items, filters etc or things that I can get at Pep Boys I almost always order from Superformance. Great prices and service plus amazingly quick shipping!!

8. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    Some of the errors are not their fault either. There are so many differences between cars, some of which are not known, for example I didnt know the 328 ABS handbrake cable is different to the non-ABS until trying to fit one they supplied. Very quickly refunded and they offered to get a correct one made, although this would have taken a few days longer of course.

9. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #9 Crowndog, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    +1 Always a pleasure to deal with. The customer service email person (Chloe Di Chiara) is wonderful and she has a nice sense of humor.

10. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    numerous orders and never a problem. Even in the few times something was wrong/missing, the always sent replacements without any argue. Very knowledgeble, very fast, super service and very communicative. ( others could learn a lot in that respect alone)

A big chapeau for these guys!

11. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    Very good company to deal with.

Prices are great too!

12. Constance

Constance Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Kembs - France
    Full Name:
    Constance
  13. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    cant but agree.

and for my brain somehow the photos of the parts against white background clear layout of their website just makes it easier for me to work out what I need, although I would like to see a more detailed description available as well (available if you just email them ofcourse)

14. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Definitively I agree. They're great sellers.
    They made a mistake in one order and they resent to me the right part very fast and with no problems. And it was not necessary to resend to them the wrong part. Incredible!
    Colin and all the Superformance crew are old school guys! One chalk up for the good job!

15. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    one of the pleasures of doing your own maintenance is dealing with professionals like the folks at superformance.

16. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    +1000! Very professional bunch and a great pleasure to work with.

The powder coating on one of my (aftermarket) wheels started cracking after a year or so. They had never heard of this happening before. No further questions asked, they shipped me a new wheel!!

17. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    :D +1

Great people, service and parts.

18. wowow

wowow Karting

Jan 21, 2008
    +1, I bought all my bushings, mounts and big brake kit from them !

19. klatu

klatu Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Mckinney
    I got a new ss muffler for my 81 GTSi, I'm CA, so I needed new cats as well. The muffler was for an 83 qv, but fit perfectly. Got the cats from TX for $960, the muffler was $645 including shipping. Got good service at a good price. By the way the sound is lower than before, and sounds great.

+++++ for Super purformance

Klatu

20. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    +1 and surprisingly fast shipping.

21. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi guys, I'm looking at ordering parts from superperformance and would like to confirm that the parts are genuine parts. I don't mean to offend, it's just that they are appear to be generally much cheaper than Marranello Spares UK that I usually order my parts from so I want to be sure. I have Read stories of parts such as aftermarket bearing being sold as genuine parts and failing prematually. I just don't want to risk inferior parts in my car. Again, I don't mean to offend superperformance by asking this. The feedback on this thread appears to indicate that they are a good supplier.

Thanks

22. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    They're very good at what they do, and they sell quality parts.

23. Tifosi2011

Tifosi2011 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2011
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I had that same concern. I recently placed a huge order about a month ago and I was pleasantly surprised. One item in particular, I ordered their replacement jack kit. When it arrived it was an actual Ferrari part. Stamped and everything. Also, I ordered wheel centre caps. Once agin these were actual Ferrari boxed/supplied parts. Not some close to actual reproduction parts. The only thing that upset me was the duty I had to pay when my shipment arrived. If I were to do it again, I would have placed two orders instead of one.

24. John M

John M Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Kentucky
    #24 John M, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    First, the parts and prices from Superformance have been great. They are all in all a good place to shop. I will continue to use them, though with some reservations.

I am pleased not to read experiences similar to mine when dealing with them. That says hopefully I am the exception not the rule. These guys in the end have always made things right by me, but there have definitely been some issues despite great parts, good prices, and prompt shipping.

On two of my four or five significant orders, I have been charged VAT tax. Of course this does not apply to USA folks. They subsequently refunded the overages. My last order in mid Feb 2012 for new tail lights, which arrived as OEM Carellos :), arrived safely. However around mid March 2012 they started charging another card of mine on file from earlier purchases around $1,900 daily for two weeks straight, ultimately exhausting my credit limit. So much for my credit card company's fraud control but that is another story. I discovered the Thursday prior to Easter. Needless to say, cancel card, file fraud reimbursement, new card, etc. I didnt hear from SF till the Tue after Easter as Monday after Easter is a holiday in the UK. That was a long weekend wondering WTF was going on with SF. Turns out someone new was handling credit card transactions and had inadvertently entered a recurring transaction on my card. They subequently refunded the charges. I still don't understand why they had my card info out to begin with and why they had it on file from a November 2011 purchase, let alone enter a daily recurring charge on my account when I hadn't made a purchase for about a month. They said it wasn't fraud but a mistake by a newbie. I will accept that explanation and move on. I did advise them to not keep my card info on file.

All that said! Feel better getting that out there. Who knows WTfric was going on mid March. Parts have been great. They have always taken care of me despite some massive screw-ups. I will continue to give them future biz when price makes sense.

25. 997

997 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2015
    I am reviving this thread to say that I had a good experience with SPF Uk. Delivery was fast, my first experience with them. Cheers