Superperformance UK | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Superperformance UK

Discussion in '308/328' started by PenP, Feb 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Superformance, hoorah!!
    Yep I've had a clutch off them, master and slave cyl also, bits of trim, brake parts and all kinds of stuff, even badges over the last 3 years. Thay are fantastic to deal with and know their stuff too.
    Best Autoparts company I've ever dealt with.....what a pity others don't take a leaf out of their book.

2. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    I like them as well. They are the best Ferrari part supplier that I have used.

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I've allways been happy with them too.

4. Neil Kathol

Neil Kathol Rookie

Mar 14, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta, CA
    Full Name:
    Neil Kathol
    Hi thought I would re-revive this thread as I am looking around at possibilities for exhaust system replacements. I need to replace the original muffler and headers now on my 1977 GTB. I don't want the new one to be much louder or have highway drone, or much louder of a sound when (relatively) faster acceleration. Superperformance has these exhaust parts made somewhere in UK. Anyone else try Superperformance exhaust parts and know how they last and importantly for me, how they sound? Thanks in advance for any info!

5. PeteyDaddy

PeteyDaddy Karting

May 25, 2017
    These guys are the best. I'm so pleased and they sent me a holiday card/gift. I must spend a lot there :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Their exhaust may be made by PDGough of Nottingham in which case a friend has had the single pipe one for a few years and its just fine and does not mess much with the original note

They may also make the Nouvalari which others find to be louder

7. Neil Kathol

Neil Kathol Rookie

Mar 14, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta, CA
    Full Name:
    Neil Kathol
    Hi Greyboxer - thanks for letting me know that. Great to hear there is a way to get a new system that is like the original for sound. Appreciate the info - thanks again.

8. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    Not sure if the Superformance parts are made by PD Gough (Nuvolari) or the other main UK manufacturer, Quicksilver (ex London Stainless Steel Exhausts). Their products are very similar in appearance.

9. marklintott

marklintott Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    Taipei Taiwan / Somerset UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Lintott
    I have a rear box and will soon have new headers too all from Superformance. I find the sound is perfect - for me at least. I don't think it is significantly louder than the original ansa I took off although that was so patched and perforated that it was hard to tell. Sounds great to my ears - just what an early V8 on carbs should sound like. I've driven several M4 trips and it doesn't drone at all. Around the lanes at home its a great sound but not obnoxious. I've also used it at Castle Coombe for a few track days where it passed the noise - test but only just - sorry can't remember the db number.

Like everyone else I cannot recommend SP enough.

Mark

10. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I think it is the best place to get parts for a Ferrari very good prices and fast delivery

11. Neil Kathol

Neil Kathol Rookie

Mar 14, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta, CA
    Full Name:
    Neil Kathol
    Jan 14/2017 - I have since found out PD Gough and Nouvalari operate together or are the same. I believe PD Gough make them and Nouvalari are the distribution and promotion front end. (PD Gough know when you have checked out an exhaust on Nouvalari website, for example). Superperformance obtain their exhaust parts from a different manufacturer than PD Gough and judging from comments their exhaust boxes are different in sound (quieter). Both use T-304 stainless (polishes up due to chromium and nickel content). From what I surmised so far.

12. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    I beg to differ. They may have been great in 2012 but not so much these days.

1. Their parts do not always fit the models indicated
    2. They often charge you VAT and if you are not vigilant you lose.
    3. They will ship a small low dollar part by courier and the shipping exceeds the cost of the part. They seem to have a problem shipping Parcel Post even if you ask for it.
    4. If you send something back, you have to hound them to get the part credited to your account. I recently had to use the dispute process to get a credit for parts I returned, parts which didn't fit even though the part was listed for the correct year and model.
    5. They buy stuff like switches from China, charge Italian prices for them, and they fall apart.

Sorry, not a fan.

13. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You seem to be the loan voice of dissent Russ. I've used them a number of times and always found them to be excellent.

Paul

14. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    After a number of reasonable experiences, a few years ago I ordered brake hoses which upon arrival didn't fit. SP wanted me to pay return shipping even after I had sent photos of the offending parts and explained their uselessness. Return shipping costs made the return not worthwhile so the hoses ended up in the trash.
    As Click and Clack used to say, "It's the cheap man that pays the most." Certainly the case here.

Cheers,
    Tom

15. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'd agree with much of what Russ says. Not quoting VAT is misleading at best. Not showing more shipping options is time saving for them but irritating for retail customers who just want a few grams of plastic shipped. It's normal for a B2B car parts online operation to run like this, but I suspect a good deal of their trade is direct to retail & their site should really reflect that. And, yes, the parts are sometimes fine, other times lack finesse. I'm happy they exist, though, and hope they get better.

Pero likes this.
  16. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    The issue of parts not fitting is common to most suppliers in the area of low volume cars, there are so many variations and changes, not all documented.

But they should be refunding without question in these cases.

On the VAT issue their store software is prehistoric. Its a free package my own business started out with but replaced in 2008. Even the most basic packages these days handle multiple currencies, and determine whether VAT is chargeable or not, then display the amount. They are open to potential software and security issues on such an old system. Relying on this for an entire business is very risky.

17. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I also didnt have a great experience with SP, bought some valve cover gaskets along with a few other items and they were not a good fit. Of course too late for a refund when you have just tried fitting them to an engine etc.

Also I have been sourcing parts elsewhere where possible, as their prices are sky high for 'pattern' or off the shelf other manufacturer items. Their website is very dated, including catalogue items showing on manufacture back order for the past 2+ years.

Ok I guess for a few sundry or emergency parts, quality has not been good on various pattern parts I have purchased.

18. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Yep!!!

I too spend money with them and will continue to do so.

THANX Guys & Gals of Superformance.

19. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I too have had great service from Superformance. Fast, friendly and they have fair prices and mostly good parts. They are also very fair about returns. When I was in Canada, parts arrived faster that from the USA!

20. Neil Kathol

Neil Kathol Rookie

Mar 14, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta, CA
    Full Name:
    Neil Kathol
    The headers and muffler I purchased from Sf have very good welds, metal seems to be good, fit was as good as hoped (1977 GTB) and shipping etc. fine. Gaskets were fine. Sound is about equal to stock and really nice to the ear. Seems a bit of power increase, perhaps.

21. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I bought all the parts from them when I rebuilt my rear suspension and as already stated, fast, efficient, friendly and fair.
    I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Paul

22. expeatfarmer

expeatfarmer Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    Cumbria England
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Cox
    Their service and reliability here in UK is outstanding,helpful,knowledgeable and friendly. I rang to ask if they stocked the stickers for the space saver spare tyre which they did not but immediately said they would have them made if I sent them photos, I have had samples and now await actual delivery. Splendid customer service.

23. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Just wish they were in the US.

24. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    I had a strange experience with them recently. Ordered my parts online, received my immediate system generated confirmation of my order. Next day received a human generated confirmation of my order. Then all was quiet. No confirmation of shipping or tracking number. After a 10 days or so dropped them a note asking if my order had shipped. Received a reply that it had indeed shipped, delivery attempted and then returned by the courier service for no response!!! So my parts had travelled to the US and were on their way back to the UK! I get several deliveries a week for things bought online and never had this happen before. There were no notes from DHL showing attempted delivery and DHL had my cell number to contact if there was a problem with delivery. So then I had to wait for the parts to get back to the UK and then have them turn around and ship them to me again but by regular post, which, to their credit they paid for. My only complaint here is that without a shipping notification of the ship date explaining the shipping service used an overseas customer has no idea when to expect the parts so has no idea when to be concerned about non-delivery. When I contacted SP the response was more along the lines of “why did it take you so long to contact us?” I have used Classic Alfa in the UK many times and think their communication, order processing and shipping is better.

25. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have used them and continue to use them quite a bit. I recently ordered an engine top end gasket set and for some reason it arrived requiring a signature (the packages usually just get dropped inside my gate) As fate would have it I just happened to be walking out as the deliverer was about to leave with my package so I got it but maybe it was close to going on a strange kiwiokie trip. He had left no delivery notice slip so I wouldn't have known he was even here. Something to be wary of, maybe only affects packages over a certain value.

Aside from that you need to be aware that in many cases you are ordering after market parts so you get what comes along with that and while SF should stand behind what they sell I don't think it's possible for them to be a second stage quality control manager. I recently bought a pair of distributor caps which looked identical in every way except that the bores for the leads were not deep enough. They were barely past the point where the pin screws in so it wouldn't grab the wire. Rather than return them I just drilled the bores deeper, it was pretty easy to do so I never bothered to even mention it to anyone. Another time I got a fuel hose that turned out to be defective. They refunded my money and removed the item (which they said was Ferrari OEM) from their inventory. It may have only been that particular hose that was defective but the incident prompted me to cough up the dough for an SRI fuel hose kit. I know we are shopping at SF to try and save some money but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.