Suspension Lift System Failed on FF | FerrariChat

Suspension Lift System Failed on FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by MedinaCustomClassics, Oct 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hello, anyone have your lift system go out on your FF? Mine did and the dealership is telling me that the fix is to upgrade the pump and system to the new system (used on the Lusso). Crazy.

Anyone know where I can get the "old style" pump? Kindly advise. Thanks.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Someone posted about this a few weeks ago. Do a search and you shld find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Yes, there was a recent thread on it.

Is your car otherwise driving fine, like a car without the lift system? That was a question asked on that thread but not answered.

4. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    On the otherwise driving fine question, I don't know as the warning message said "suspension lift failure, take to dealer immediately" (or something like that), so I did. Haven't driven it.

5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The old pump was not very reliable, had failures and leakage problems, hence the update to the new pump made by a different manufacturer (Marelli).
    The only old pumps out there are going to be used pumps from crashed cars. So if you want an unreliable, known to fail or leak pump, find an old used one.
    The new pump works great and doesn't have any issues. You need to update the harness, ECU, plumbing and mounting bracket in order to install the new pump.

Fix right the first time and you won't have to deal with it again, or put in a used crappy pump and you can do it again when that pump fails.

The car will drive fine with the failed pump, it will be as if it did not have the lift system. You just have to put up with the warning message on the dash.

6. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Does the warning message show if you hit the lift button or does it show every time you start the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Only shows when I would hit the button.